PDA

View Full Version : which clutch/ lightweight flywheel should I buy?

A Rios
06-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Time for me to go forced induction! Which clutch/lightweight flywheel kit is everybody going with? UUC runs theirs with an M5 clutch. Bimmerworld has a JB Racing flywheel/Clutchmaster disc. I've decided to go with the kevlar segmented surface and I'm wondering if any of you guys have run both? Which performs best? It's for my daily driven M3, so ceramic or twin discs are just overkill. Chatter isn't a huge concern for me but I don't want to sound like I've got a loose bolt flying around the inside of my tranny. My wife rarely drives it, but it needs to be well-mannered enough for that once in a blue-moon occasion. Any suggestions or alternatives? :dunno:As always your advice is greatly appreciated. I especially love that it's unbiased except when it comes from someone who works for or with any of the aforementioned companies, so it's truly from experience and not someone trying to sell me something. Thanks again guys.:thumbup:

ffej
06-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Stock?

A racing flywheel is a ridiculous add on for street car.

My race car has a UUC LTW flywheel, and even with the idle set to 1000rpm, I still get chatter while idling in the hot pits, waiting to head out. It's bad. The performance of the product is good, but there's no way I'd want something like that in my street car.

A Rios
06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Are you running an M5 clutch or what? I know chater is unavoidable. If my wife doesn't want to drive it, it's my gain. Is there a happy medium I can run?

CAMDINANS3
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
im running an M5 clutch and a lightweight flywheel it its pretty smooth on my Dinan S3. I got the kit from UUC, and its more than enough to handle that amount of power. i wouldnt go with the racing setup.

Brian McKinney
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
how are the JB racing flywheels??