PDA

View Full Version : Bought ZFX, got the latest Griot's catalog

alee
02-25-2002, 08:25 PM
I was low on Z6 detailing spray, so I figured I may as well use up my Zaino supply before attempting a brand switch this spring. Ordered ZFX, which should help me get through my remaining supply of Z pretty quick. :D I guess next week I'll try a Zaino layering marathon. :D

Also got the latest Griots catalog in the mail today. There may actually be a way for me to clear 1k worth of products. :D Good advertising on their part, bad for my wallet.

I'm probably going to have to hire a detailer this spring. Without a garage, my habits are getting pretty ridiculous.
:yikes: I could empty my wallet at Griot's, but where would I put it all?! :D

Sigh.

ALEX325i
02-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Do you believe I got ZFX and haven't tried it yet? :tsk: I'll in a week or two though... :thumb:

alee
02-26-2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by ALEX325i
Do you believe I got ZFX and haven't tried it yet? :tsk: I'll in a week or two though... :thumb:
I have no doubt it's excellent stuff. It would really address the one big problem I hate about Zaino... cure time.

I hear ZFX comes in a kit that looks kinda like a mini drug lab. :D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by alee

I have no doubt it's excellent stuff. It would really address the one big problem I hate about Zaino... cure time.

ZFX sounds like the name of a new cable channel from Fox...maybe it will be the new polymer channel :dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Mike 325xi
ZFX sounds like the name of a new cable channel from Fox...maybe it will be the new polymer channel :dunno:
You can either receive ZFX, or all the regular cable channels ZFX is incompatible with everything else, but I hear the programming is quite excellent. :thumb:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 04:53 AM
Also got the latest Griots catalog in the mail today. There may actually be a way for me to clear 1k worth of products. :D Good advertising on their part, bad for my wallet.

I'm probably going to have to hire a detailer this spring. Without a garage, my habits are getting pretty ridiculous.
:yikes: I could empty my wallet at Griot's, but where would I put it all?! :D

Sigh.
Better sell some of those software ideas you've been working on, the Griot's bill will probably match 2 car payments:yikes: If I were just a little closer I might apply for the detail job, but I don't think a) I could match your standards b) you wouldn't like my hourly rate:D

Why not buy a garage Al:dunno: Housing is cheap up here in the sticks and there is a train station in Etown so you could commute:thumb: But I fear if you were in the area Mrs. Phil would be :mad: because a) we'd always be detailing our cars b) I'd be coming home smelling funny (jelly fish) :)

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

I'd be coming home smelling funny
Shouldn't that be "funnier?" :dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 04:59 AM
Why not buy a garage Al:dunno: Housing is cheap up here in the sticks and there is a train station in Etown so you could commute:thumb: But I fear if you were in the area Mrs. Phil would be :mad: because a) we'd always be detailing our cars b) I'd be coming home smelling funny (jelly fish) :)
I need a house in the sticks like I need another M68 rim. Oh wait... I kinda do need another M68 (you know, to keep me going for another week...) :D

Sadly it seems the more I pay, the smaller these places keep getting. I'm still weighing out property out in NYC, and there definitely aren't any attached garages there unless someone wants to loan me $10M for a nice townhouse. :thumb:

alee
02-26-2002, 05:00 AM

What are you doing sniffing Phil?

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 05:02 AM

I need a house in the sticks like I need another M68 rim. Oh wait... I kinda do need another M68 (you know, to keep me going for another week...) :D

Sadly it seems the more I pay, the smaller these places keep getting. I'm still weighing out property out in NYC, and there definitely aren't any attached garages there unless someone wants to loan me $10M for a nice townhouse. :thumb:
Only $10M?? Guess your gonna live in the slums??

Why not park your car in your office? Ooops...sorry...forgot you don't have an office :tsk: My bad... :D

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:03 AM

Should have known you'd come back with something:D

I try to bath once a week but with the water shortage I'm skipping every other so I can was the car.:thumb: Actually I think I'll leave at lunch today and go home and Blitz. Vexed car looked so much nicer than Al's I thought I'd give it a try:D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 05:03 AM

If you drive through E-town you only smell two things...manure...and Phil :dunno: At least that's what the locals said it was?? :confused:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:04 AM

He got that second hand from his sister:yikes:

alee
02-26-2002, 05:04 AM
Gotta start somewhere. We'll work our way up to the $100M places in a year or so. :thumb:
Why not park your car in your office? Ooops...sorry...forgot you don't have an office :tsk: My bad... :D
My life keeps getting better and better. :(

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:05 AM

:lmao:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:06 AM

If you drive through E-town you only smell two things...manure...and Phil :dunno: At least that's what the locals said it was?? :confused:
Actually you smell chocolate (they make M&Ms here) and manure...maybe you should be careful about the M&Ms:dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 05:07 AM
Vexed car looked so much nicer than Al's I thought I'd give it a try:D
Suddenly I'm itching all over. Must... wash... car... :mad:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 05:07 AM

Vexed car looked so much nicer than Al's I thought I'd give it a try:D
Al's face when he read that :yikes:

http://www.medi-fax.com/pain/images/face3.jpg

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:10 AM
Sadly it seems the more I pay, the smaller these places keep getting.
I know what you mean, the previous Business Mgr. from my wife's school is building a home in Bucks county for ~400k, the same home here would be ~225k. :yikes:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 05:10 AM

He got that second hand from his sister:yikes:
My sister is around detailing chemicals all day...even manure probably smells pleasant to her :confused:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:11 AM

My sister is around detailing chemicals all day...even manure probably smells pleasant to her :confused:
that explains why we got "along" so well:angel:

:D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 05:12 AM

I know what you mean, the previous Business Mgr. from my wife's school is building a home in Bucks county for ~400k, the same home here would be ~225k. :yikes:
Some parts of Bucks are getting very high...$500K+ is the norm now in some townships...$1M+ homes aren't unusual anymore...

alee
02-26-2002, 05:23 AM

Some parts of Bucks are getting very high...$500K+ is the norm now in some townships...$1M+ homes aren't unusual anymore...
And indoor plumbing is still optional... :rolleyes:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 05:41 AM

And indoor plumbing is still optional... :rolleyes:
But come standard w/ 3 CAR Garages that are heated and have multiple storage shelves for cleaning products.:D

Interested Al?

Guest84
02-26-2002, 05:43 AM
Alee, what is the cure time for Zaino? I believe the carnauba based waxes like Zaino or P21S is about 12-24 hours depending on the weather...could be wrong though. I usually dump 2 coats of wax on with Carnauba. Anymore than that your just waxing the wax! :) (After thought, I guess a thicker coat of wax could be better, but hey, on a "every 3-4 month schedule" seems like a waste of time)

alee
02-26-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Alee, what is the cure time for Zaino?
Typically 24 hours cure time for Zaino. It can be buffed off after an hour, but you aren't supposed to put on another layer until 24 hrs later.

ZFX reduces cure time to 20 min. So by the time you're done with the car, you can start buffing off. Once you're done buffing off, can start in with the second layer immediately.

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 06:33 AM

Typically 24 hours cure time for Zaino. It can be buffed off after an hour, but you aren't supposed to put on another layer until 24 hrs later.

ZFX reduces cure time to 20 min. So by the time you're done with the car, you can start buffing off. Once you're done buffing off, can start in with the second layer immediately.
So now w/ ZFX we know that on a typical Saturday you will only have to spend 6 hours on Zaino, but of course there is another hour for prewash, 1.5 hours for wheels (hey you have 11 so this may be a low estimate), 20 minutes drying time, and 2 hours in the Emergency Room for those "unexpected" expected injuries:D

Are you feeling the Love today:dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 06:45 AM
Are you feeling the Love today:dunno:
I'm having a mild buying crisis today. I went to bed thinking about upgrading my navigation system to the 2002 one, and since I woke up this morning, I've been having this fight with myself trying decide if I should do it.

It's a lot of money for a cosmetic gain... but it sure looks nice and would be another step towards upgrading my 01 spec coupe to an 02. :)

Plus I need SOMETHING to do while waiting for my next fix of Z to arrive.

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 07:39 AM
Alee, what is the cure time for Zaino?
Sorry Rip but there is no cure for Zaino...except shock treatment..but that doesn't seem to be working on Al :tsk:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 07:52 AM

I'm having a mild buying crisis today. I went to bed thinking about upgrading my navigation system to the 2002 one, and since I woke up this morning, I've been having this fight with myself trying decide if I should do it.

It's a lot of money for a cosmetic gain... but it sure looks nice and would be another step towards upgrading my 01 spec coupe to an 02. :)

:rolleyes:

Al take 2 more Prozac and hold off on the upgrade. A lot of $ for cosmetic update IMO.

Why not just hold off for the ultimate update.....//M y $.02

Guest84
02-26-2002, 07:55 AM

Sorry Rip but there is no cure for Zaino...except shock treatment..but that doesn't seem to be working on Al :tsk:

Hmm...shock treatment, would that be equivelent to a flock of bird crapping on his finish?
http://image.fg-a.com/bird203.gif
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/ed/shocked.gif
http://216.40.201.155/s/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 07:58 AM

Hmm...shock treatment, would that be equivelent to a flock of bird crapping on his finish?

BINGO for our good friend from Washington:thumb:

alee
02-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Why not just hold off for the ultimate update.....//M y $.02
Oh that would take so much discipline :)

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 08:10 AM

I've been having this fight with myself trying decide if I should do it.

So not only do you have OCD but you have multiple personality disorder...who knew :dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 08:13 AM
So not only do you have OCD but you have multiple personality disorder...who knew :dunno:
I thought I already introduced you to my other side, Ryan... :eek:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 08:14 AM

I won't say anything about that since I had the Canadian Goose Air Force carpet bomb my car yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad: Anyone have a shotgun I can borrow :mad:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 08:30 AM

I won't say anything about that since I had the Canadian Goose Air Force carpet bomb my car yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad: Anyone have a shotgun I can borrow :mad:

I doubt the Quakers would smile upon your plan:dunno:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 08:44 AM

I thought I already introduced you to my other side, Ryan... :eek:
I thought you stalked vexed not TD :confused:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 08:45 AM

I doubt the Quakers would smile upon your plan:dunno:
Even Billy Penn himself would want to shoot these F'n big rats with wings if he saw what they did to my car :mad: :mad: :mad:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 09:29 AM

Yup. That's right. Disappointing, considering the price... :yikes:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 09:33 AM

Al, save that money. Sell your M68's (and your car :D), and drive off in a brand new M3 SMGII... ;)

Come to think of it... Al's ad on his local newspaper:

FS: 11 M68's. Excellent condition. Buy the wheels and I'll throw in a 01 330Ci... :D

Guest84
02-26-2002, 09:39 AM

I won't say anything about that since I had the Canadian Goose Air Force carpet bomb my car yesterday Anyone have a shotgun I can borrow :mad:

(2) 12 guage (870 pump and Model 1100 Remingtons), an M1 Carbine, a Ought-6, and 2 pistols, whats your pleasure?

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 09:42 AM

Al, save that money. Sell your M68's (and your car :D), and drive off in a brand new M3 SMGII... ;)

Come to think of it... Al's ad on his local newspaper:

FS: 11 M68's. Excellent condition. Buy the wheels and I'll throw in a 01 330Ci... :D
I've tried to give him the same advice but he just doesn't seem to have the will power to hold off for the big purchase:confused:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 09:53 AM

(2) 12 guage (870 pump and Model 1100 Remingtons), an M1 Carbine, a Ought-6, and 2 pistols, whats your pleasure?
I'll take the Model 1100 Remington please...the ornery bastards aren't the least bit afraid of you...right now there are hundred on the lawn outside this building...so I could just walk right up to the leader, he wouldn't move at all, and blow his little black and white head right off with the Remington :mad: :mad: :mad: I am not a hunter but this could make me one :mad:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 11:56 AM

I've tried to give him the same advice but he just doesn't seem to have the will power to hold off for the big purchase:confused:

Nah... I think Al is going to surprise us all by getting a (fully loaded of course) M3 6-speed soon! :thumb: :D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 12:07 PM

Nah... I think Al is going to surprise us all by getting a (fully loaded of course) M3 6-speed soon! :thumb: :D
:lmao:6-SPEED!!!!! LMAO!!! :lmao:

I have a better chance of becoming Pope...and I'm not even Catholic!!! :lmao: :lmao:

6-speed and Al...talk about oil and water :lmao:

Whew...gotta catch my breath now...good one Alex :thumb:

alee
02-26-2002, 01:00 PM
6-speed and Al...talk about oil and water :lmao:
HEY HEY HEY! :mad:

Has anyone blown up an E46 M3 engine from missing a downshift? I could be the first. Alex, I hear you have a nice carbon black M3 that would be perfect for this... :D

vexed
02-26-2002, 01:06 PM

Has anyone blown up an E46 M3 engine from missing a downshift? I could be the first. Alex, I hear you have a nice carbon black M3 that would be perfect for this... :D

You can be the first:thumb:
Hey Al behind my car is a garage.

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 01:08 PM

:lmao:6-SPEED!!!!! LMAO!!! :lmao:

Oh, c'mon... No faith? :D Al is a car guy. Eventually he'll realize what he's missing... :thumb:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 01:11 PM

Oh boy... :( There goes my engine/tranny...

Would you settle for a fine 325i 5-speed? Man, that thing moves... :D Besides, you'll hate to drive a black car in FL... Too hot! :rolleyes:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 01:17 PM

Oh boy... :( There goes my engine/tranny...

Would you settle for a fine 325i 5-speed? Man, that thing moves... :D Besides, you'll hate to drive a black car in FL... Too hot! :rolleyes:
Can I please drive the M3 before you let Al ruin it?? I'll be gentle I promise :rolleyes:

vexed
02-26-2002, 01:24 PM

I'll be gentle I promise :rolleyes:

That's not what we've heard.:eek:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 01:47 PM

Can I please drive the M3 before you let Al ruin it?? I'll be gentle I promise :rolleyes:

Hmmm... Yes, I guess... :eeps: :D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:06 PM

Hmmm... Yes, I guess... :eeps: :D
Ummm...I meant with the car...DOH!! :yikes:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by vexed

That's not what we've heard.:eek:
No matter what she tells you it a lie, a lie I tell you!! Well OK...some of it's true...well...most of it anyway...:(

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:11 PM

No matter what she tells you it a lie, a lie I tell you!! Well OK...some of it's true...well...most of it anyway...:(

Hmmm:confused: I thought she was being complementary, oh Mike, oh Mike, ooooooooh Mike But I could be wrong.:yikes:

ALEX325i
02-26-2002, 02:15 PM

Ummm...I meant with the car...DOH!! :yikes:

Oh, I know... It's just that I don't really think you'll be "gentle" with my baby... :D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:15 PM

Hmmm:confused: I thought she was being complementary, oh Mike, oh Mike, ooooooooh Mike But I could be wrong.:yikes:
She never calls me Mike :dunno: So that wasn't us :confused:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:18 PM

Oh, I know... It's just that I don't really think you'll be "gentle" with my baby... :D
Yes I would :D

Truthfully...I don't even like to beat on rental cars...I feel guilty :dunno:

My own car I will drive hard...the way it was meant to be driven but I don't abuse it...and I would be so worried about damaging yours that I would probably drive it like Al...like an 80 year old woman in St. Pete :(

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:19 PM

She never calls me Mike :dunno: So that wasn't us :confused:

I was trying to be nice, the actual quote was oh little guy, oh little guy, ooooooooh little guy Was that it?:D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:21 PM

I was trying to be nice, the actual quote was oh little guy, oh little guy, ooooooooh little guy Was that it?:D
Oh ****...that means she has been messing with jelly fish boy :mad:

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:28 PM

Oh ****...that means she has been messing with jelly fish boy :mad:

:lmao: :lmao:
Sorry to have the one to break it to you.:(

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:29 PM

:lmao: :lmao:
Sorry to have the one to break it to you.:(
Little Asian bastard...probably using some high tech toy on her :mad:

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:32 PM

Maybe be got the Porter Cable and did not tell us.:eek: :eek:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:34 PM

Maybe be got the Porter Cable and did not tell us.:eek: :eek:
I guess that would be better than the blender :confused: Damn him for being such a nerd! :mad:

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:39 PM

I guess that would be better than the blender :confused: Damn him for being such a nerd! :mad:

Jellyfish in the blender:dunno:
I can't get him to bite on my garage pix.:(

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:41 PM

I can't get him to bite on my garage pix.:(
That's because right now he is playing with one of his nerd toys....seriously...I just got an e-mail from him a few minutes ago :dunno:

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:44 PM

That's because right now he is playing with one of his nerd toys....seriously...I just got an e-mail from him a few minutes ago :dunno:

Tell him that I expected him to look at it and tell me he recognized it from his stalking.:yikes:

BTW I gave blood today to prove that I am human.:thumb:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:49 PM

There is no proof in that...you may have just sucked the lifeblood out a client minutes before and just passed some through the needle.
:tsk: :tsk:

vexed
02-26-2002, 02:51 PM

There is no proof in that...you may have just sucked the lifeblood out a client minutes before and just passed some through the needle.
:tsk: :tsk:

Damn you guys are tough.:eek:
One of the questions was Have you eaten any jellyfish in the last two years:dunno:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:54 PM

One of the questions was Have you eaten any jellyfish in the last two years:dunno:
LMAO!!! :lmao:

OK...that cracked me up!! :lmao: I'm in my office laughing like a mental patient...which come to think of it isn't that unusual :confused:

Time for me to get out of here... :thumb:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 02:56 PM

Now that I have had time to think about it...I should have said:

Now you know how your clients feel when they leave your office :D

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 03:07 PM

I hear a little jealousy in your voice, is it because he's w/ her or because you want some one to use the nerd toy on you:yikes: :dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 03:09 PM
I got it to work! :thumb:

Who knew smart card readers could be used like "that" :D

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 03:31 PM

I got it to work! :thumb:

Who knew smart card readers could be used like "that" :D
DIY and pics are a must for this one:D

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 03:42 PM

DIY and pics are a must for this one:D
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It is a smart card reader...which means you INSERT the card...which means Al used it on himself... :yikes: :eek:

Do you really want pics of that :yikes: :tsk: :eek: :yikes:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 03:45 PM

I hear a little jealousy in your voice, is it because he's w/ her or because you want some one to use the nerd toy on you:yikes: :dunno:
No jealousy here, I know she can't stand the smell of jellyfish...so far Ann is the only woman on the planet who can deal with that...

Al...she's a keeper :thumb:

vexed
02-26-2002, 04:08 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It is a smart card reader...which means you INSERT the card...which means Al used it on himself... :yikes: :eek:

Please I just ate.:eek:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 04:14 PM

Please I just ate.:eek:
Peanut butter and jellyfish? :rolleyes:

vexed
02-26-2002, 04:21 PM

Peanut butter and jellyfish? :rolleyes:

Ewwwww.:eek:
Mexican food:thumb:

Dr. Phil
02-26-2002, 07:00 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Oops...no pics then:eeps: Is that one of those things that you use to read in business cards:dunno:

alee
02-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Holy crap... what a beating I took here today. :D That's what I get for working. :rolleyes:

Mike 325xi
02-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Holy crap... what a beating I took here today. :D That's what I get for working. :rolleyes:
You are slacking off in your slacking off :confused:

vexed
02-26-2002, 08:38 PM

Think of it this way; you would have taken an even bigger beating if you had been here.:eek: