PDA

View Full Version : 95 m3 vs. 04 VW r32

eur0e36m3
07-05-2008, 02:02 PM
my best friend just bought an r32 and wants to race me tonight for $250....
what you guys think??? ....im pretty modded out and hes chipped/exhaust and some racing rims .....who'll win?

Ryan M
07-05-2008, 02:05 PM
my best friend just bought an r32 and wants to race me tonight for $250....
what you guys think??? ....im pretty modded out and hes chipped/exhaust and some racing rims .....who'll win?

What do I think? I think it's a stupid idea and I hope you decide not to do it altogether.

CAMDINANS3
07-05-2008, 02:34 PM
yyeeahh im going to have to agree....seriously how many M3's are out there in comparison to R32...a hell of a lot less, and despite the the fact that you will win, its just not worth it. hell i have a Dinan Stage 3 E36 M3 and i dont **** around at all...its just too rare

e30e
07-07-2008, 11:10 AM
R32-
Curb Weight: 3409 lbs
Engine 3.2L/240-hp V-6, DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
0-60 mph, sec 5.9
1/4 mile, sec @ mph 14.2 @ 97.6

E36 M3
Base curb weight, lb 3175
Base engines 3.0L/240-hp DOHC I-6 ('95);
Average 0 to 60 mph yielded 5.8 sec., with a quarter-mile time of 14.2 at 98.5 mph.

Sounds like a driver's race, he'll probably launch better with dsg tranny. Go to the track not the streets.

blubyu21117
07-08-2008, 11:42 AM
you know, i've owned several mustangs capable of low 12 to mid 10 second times. i have never had so many people try to race me as i have since i got my M.
seems like everywhere i go, people want to downshift, rev up .
my neighbor wants to race me with his STI.
i always tell him, that the M wasn't built to dragrace.

e30e
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
yyeeahh im going to have to agree....seriously how many M3's are out there in comparison to R32...a hell of a lot less, and despite the the fact that you will win, its just not worth it. hell i have a Dinan Stage 3 E36 M3 and i dont **** around at all...its just too rare

Oh by the way the r32 is a much more rare of a car than an e36 m3, vw made 5k r32's for america to bmw's 25k e36 m3's.

CAMDINANS3
07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
hhmm well for my 1995 im pretty sure they made like 26XX or something like that, plus my DINAN S3 package forget about it. And this is coming from a guy who also owns 2 VW's. i guess i should have specified that i was only talking about my year, but i suppose that R32 are more rare but atleast here in boston i see atleast 2 MK4 R32's a day and its a cold day in hell when i see an E36 M3.

07-29-2008, 01:58 PM
id race him...and completely dominate

Monizzle
07-30-2008, 12:22 AM
fun fact: VW sold all 5000 U.S MKIV R32's in less than two years with no advertising, imo the last true enthusiast drivers car that VW made. I am utterly dumbfounded by the blatantly wrong statement made by CAMDINANS3. And for the record, MKIV's (2004) R32's only came in manual transmission, MKV R's came with DSG.
With all of that said, there is no doubt in my mind you will beat him. Lighter, and faster v.s. typical heavy VW, on top of that, AWD- he'll probably get you on the launch though.
be careful if you think you must race.

Mr.///Matt
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Oh by the way the r32 is a much more rare of a car than an e36 m3, vw made 5k r32's for america to bmw's 25k e36 m3's.

thats why they have the BEST resale value....:thumbup:

Brian McKinney
07-30-2008, 08:19 AM
hmm no doubt R32's are rare, but how how many M3's have been totaled and are still seen on the road as a daily driver?? From a roll you would own him because of your power to weight advantage. From a stop he'll cook your bum till about 70mph then you will nose ahead by 80-90mph. That's assuming both drivers are equal. That is my prediction at least...and that's the least for sure..ha ha

CAMDINANS3
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
all i was saying was on a daily basis, you dont have to be a jerk about it, jesus. i do know a thing or two about VW's, i almost bought a R32, and i own a MK3 Jetta and GTI, all i was saying was on a DAILY BASIS kind of thing, i see more R32's than E36 m3's thats because in MY experience, people with R32 dont care about their car as much as the equivalent m3 owner and MORE R32's are used for daily driving than e36 M3. so you can take your dumbfounded attitude and take it somewhere else because you obviously cant read

deerpark
07-30-2008, 12:51 PM
I think that's just 'cause you're up north brah. I was in Boston yesterday and every time I turned my head, WRX, STI, Legacy GT Wagons, 4MATIC every typa' Benz, xi BMW everywhere. Whereas here in D.C., man I've seen like 4 R32's. Up North people get more AWD cars.

CAMDINANS3
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
well BRAH.....i actually live/work in boston...so im there EVERYDAY....and yeah there are a lot of EVOs, STI ect and i dont really get your point...the R32 is AWD, just like the afore mentioned cars and there isnt much difference between boston and DC, in terms of the need for AWD as opposed to RWD or FWD. Dont get me wrong, i DO see E36 M3's around here and people at Boston university where i go, have WAY too many E46 M3's but im just saying on a daily basis i see more R32 than E36 m3's and thats for a reason. #1) obviously the R32 are newer #2) people daily drive them more #3) and yeah they may be "limited edition" but people generally dont care about them as much as an M3 person in my experience. every single person i knew who had an R32 beat the living crap out of it, and the ones i see around boston are no exception. and the individuals who owned them also drove them in the winter time which is dumb. but whatever

PS my m3 is just kept in NH at my parents house in the heated garage, thats why NH is on my profile thing.

e30e
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
To add to your point, every e36 m3 owner I know beats the piss out of there's but still do maintanance, are you saying the r32 owners you know didnt do maintanance....R32 owners that I know and read online are just as hardcore and passionate about there cars as e36 m3 owners are. Personally I think the r32 driver would win based on its a easier car to drive, but hell its a drag race who cares! I wouldn't mind having a r32, I would never buy one though. I always laugh when people get stuck in there head that only one (which is the one they own) is the best car ever, e36 m3 is good car, it was amazing for its time but these days really there's nothing that special about them, even one's with boost....Go to bimmerfest or a large bmw gathering in the end its a large mass produced car that a lot of people own.

CAMDINANS3
07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
im not saying that they dont do maintance, trust me...vwvortex.com is just has hardcore as m3forums or bimmerforum. like i said...i own 2 other vw's. i know all about it. and like i said, i almost bought an r32 so i have all the respect in the world. And it is true....the R32 is a little easier to drive, AWD is nice, 6 speed is nice, its a solid car, little heavy for my tastes in the end, but the V6 in that car is awesome, i love my Vr6 GTI. ALL im saying is that more R32's are daily driven as opposed to E36 m3. so therefore you just see more of the around as opposed to E36 m3. thats it, nothing about the passion of the drivers or keeping up with maintance, or superiority of one to the other. i personally think if i were to race an R32 i would win, but im s/c blah blah blah, but i dont really think it would be a fair race, or even a fair comparsion at this point.

deerpark
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
well BRAH.....i actually live/work in boston...so im there EVERYDAY....and yeah there are a lot of EVOs, STI ect and i dont really get your point...the R32 is AWD, just like the afore mentioned cars and there isnt much difference between boston and DC, in terms of the need for AWD as opposed to RWD or FWD. Dont get me wrong, i DO see E36 M3's around here and people at Boston university where i go, have WAY too many E46 M3's but im just saying on a daily basis i see more R32 than E36 m3's and thats for a reason. #1) obviously the R32 are newer #2) people daily drive them more #3) and yeah they may be "limited edition" but people generally dont care about them as much as an M3 person in my experience. every single person i knew who had an R32 beat the living crap out of it, and the ones i see around boston are no exception. and the individuals who owned them also drove them in the winter time which is dumb. but whatever

PS my m3 is just kept in NH at my parents house in the heated garage, thats why NH is on my profile thing.

Okay.

e30e
07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
ALL im saying is that more R32's are daily driven as opposed to E36 m3. so therefore you just see more of the around as opposed to E36 m3. thats it.

HOW CAN A CAR THATS NUMBERS ARE LOWER THAN ONE YEARS PRODUCTION OF E36 M3 BE MORE COMMON AS A DAILY DRIVER IN THE COUNTRY? Maybe there are more r32s daily driven than tracked e36 m3's. Maybe where you live the things you see are true but in Tucson where I live I personally know 5 e36 m3 owners and know of two r32's and the thing is I attend weekly Euro meets that the vw numbers are usually 2x's the numbers of bmw's but the 2nd most common car there is the e36 m3. The E36 M3's are not rare even if one was crashed every day for a year, it would take what 10 years to rid the world of e36 m3. Your car maybe rare in technicalities of 95 dinan this and that, but I have rare e36 97 m3 sedan with lux package and 5 speed but its rarity is not something of great importance like e30 m3 evo.

Not to get into a **** match of who's is bigger :thumbup:

CAMDINANS3
08-01-2008, 06:37 AM
alrighty then. guess you showed me. this thread=fail. back to a proper forum. lux package = FTL

Monizzle
08-01-2008, 12:11 PM
i find it funny that Camdinan tells me to not be a "jerk" about it, when all i did was present facts, I mean after all, you did say that there are considerably less e36's on the road than R32's. Secondly if I can't read as you said, how the **** was I able to dismantle your statement with a grammatically correct rebuttal? How am I responding now?! Holy crap, must be some kind of wizardry!
Anyway, enough logic: Yes, I'm an illiterate jerk.

:D

e30e
08-02-2008, 03:22 AM
alrighty then. guess you showed me. this thread=fail. back to a proper forum. lux package = FTL

Lux package is 50% fail....HK speakers although they do tend to blow up are way better than the other crap, lux door panels are freaking baller especially on sedans and they don't have the glue issue non-lux package door panels have...Now wood trim sucks balls on e36's that why I painted mine. Non-vader seats suck but thats why I put my coupe vader seats in but almost every girl I've ever screwe...dated loved the butt warmers, even in FREAKIN Arizona..... So its hit and miss.

But anyways e36 m3 section of this forum is slow.....we might need some more arguments over petty stuff besides the crap that goes on in the poly sci area.
oh and Monizzle, because you have an audi sig you must be a jerk ;)

j/k

Roland H
08-03-2008, 07:36 AM
Lux package is 50% fail....HK speakers although they do tend to blow up are way better than the other crap, lux door panels are freaking baller especially on sedans and they don't have the glue issue non-lux package door panels have...Now wood trim sucks balls on e36's that why I painted mine. Non-vader seats suck but thats why I put my coupe vader seats in but almost every girl I've ever screwe...dated loved the butt warmers, even in FREsci area.
oh and Monizzle, because you have an audi sig you must be a jerk ;) AKIN Arizona..... So its hit and miss.

But anyways e36 m3 section of this forum is slow.....we might need some more arguments over petty stuff besides the crap that goes on in the poly

j/k

Non-lux HK panels in sedans FTW...

CAMDINANS3
08-04-2008, 07:49 AM
[Non-vader seats suck but thats why I put my coupe vader seats in but almost every girl I've ever screwe...dated loved the butt warmers, even in FREAKIN Arizona..... So its hit and miss.
/QUOTE]

hahaha now you know what you're talking about...butt warmers :thumbup: works everytime

Corey Milne
08-04-2008, 11:01 AM
i can't believe how much people let their ego's take conrol of them even on the internet where you don't even know any of these people.

e30e
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
My ego is out of control, I had to start actually working and not visiting this site because of its recklessness haha