Piece of plastic [Archive] - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

: Piece of plastic

07-13-2008, 01:48 PM

Air intake ducts:

there is a somewhat triangular piece of plastic that bolts to the underside of the front bumper and secures the duct a few inches back. Mine has cracked on the driver's side and now the whole assembly is wobbly.

Should there be a part number on this? Anybody know it? All I can find online is the whole air filter assembly.


07-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Check www.realoem.com if you haven't already.

estoril blu
08-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi can you actually buy parts from real oem or is it under constrution thanks

08-15-2008, 11:22 AM
No, but check out bimmerspecialist.com, they run ads on realoem. Just picked up a couple of ABS sensors for the 530, seems like they have good prices.

08-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Sounds like you are looking for a "pork chop". Why not just replace the whole plastic mess down there with a nice underpanel (i.e. Motion Motorsports aluminum underpanel). It has the added benefit of reinforcing the spoiler in case you ever hit a small animal or something (personal experience).