PDA

View Full Version : Lame-ass bans over "there"

Plaz
12-25-2001, 08:04 PM
So I just ran into, for the first time, what so many others have complained about.

I tried to post a message on the org board from my Mom's computer, from here in Maine where my wife and I are spending Christmas.

Someone, somewhere on her cable system (suscom) must have contemplated using the F word or mentioning E46fanatics.com at some point, however. Therefore, I am banned from posting from my mother's computer, and I couldn't post my helpful reply to someone's query.

LAME POLICIES, GUYS!

I seriously hope you aren't surprised at the mass exodus. Any administrator worth his or her salt, with an ounce of intelligence, shouldn't be.

You can say goodbye to your page views and whatever paltry advertising revenue you were receiving.

Stupid. So very stupid.

Jon Shafer
12-25-2001, 09:31 PM
Sheesh!

LilEccentricJ
12-25-2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Sheesh!

I saw that Jon... hope you got the sale tho! & sorry bout the paintball thing... you get that cleaned up ok?

Plaz
12-25-2001, 10:43 PM
Re: Yeah, and Fred Meloan flamed me on X-mas eve... Sheesh!

I saw that too... to his credit, he seemed humble enough in the subsequent exchange.

Maybe he's just subconsciously irked he's not quite as famous as you, Jon. I continue to see posts "paging" you or asking questions specifically of you that many others could easily answer. :)

It's that "Demi-God" status of yours!

(BTW, I'm sure it wasn't Fred and his staff with the paintball guns.) :p

jw
12-26-2001, 05:58 AM
Big difference between a publicly available board and one where you must register, huh?

The biggest problem with public access boards are trolls. That's probably why your IP was banned. However, the good thing is that anyone can post to those boards without having to register.

Be aware, however, that information systems like BBS, IRC, etc. when not made available to anyone can be more Nazi-esque in the long run. It takes level headed admins and moderators to run a good system regardless of the format.

I for one, had not one single problem with .org other than the software format. In fact, I find the censorship on this bbs (while the kinks are being worked out) to more harsh and oppressive.

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 06:58 AM
nt

J. Kidd
12-26-2001, 07:28 AM
I missed the whole "Shafer/Meloan" thing over there. I'm just sick of being banned - going on close to one month without any explanation. There were no altercations or anything - the board just crashed and when it came back up, I couldn't post. Its frustrating - I like talking cars/BMW's with everybody and like to contribute when I can help as well as ask questions, etc.

I also thought it was ridiculous to eliminate //AYN's posts about the group buy for the Bentley Manuals - I thought that was one of the main "perks" of visiting the board.

Any-who....looks like I've got a new place to go!

LilEccentricJ
12-26-2001, 07:32 AM
Welcome J.Kidd :)

J. Kidd
12-26-2001, 07:36 AM
Thanks! Good to be here.

LilEccentricJ - nice sunset photo!

I gotta get some pics of my car....

___lk___
12-26-2001, 08:49 AM
Sheesh!

i saw that... gotta admit, it was pretty damn funny..good job changing that ordered car to EXACTLY what the original dude was looking for. hope he buys it from u.

sicka fred. hope he stays over "there".

Dr. Phil
12-26-2001, 09:04 AM
Let's not become Fred flamers. You would expect him to take a poke at Jon here and there especially since his employers "owns" that other board to which most of us no longer traffic.

I appreciate the personal contact Fred made with me during my ordering experience all while he knew I would not be buying from him. He provided some good advice.

That being said. Jon and the Fest rule!! :cool:

sorry didn't mean to forget the excellent administrator here as well (right Clem:o )