PDA

View Full Version : 1995 m3

PragmaticGod
08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,

so i've been posting in a couple different threads. I've been looking at e30's and e36's, anyway, i finally found the car I want.

the couple has divorced, and woman got the M3, she doesn't want it, and she's selling it for super cheap. It's going to be through ebay, and I get 5 days once car arrives to have it checked out by mechanics, and test drive it. if I dont like it, I don't forfeit any money !!

1995 BMW M3
Mileage: 163,766 miles
VIN: wbsbf9327seh05596
Title Clear
6 Cylinder
Transmission: Manual
Fuel type: Gasoline
CD player Sunroof Leather seats
Passenger airbag Driver airbag Anti-lock brakes
Air conditioning Power windows Power locks
Cruise control
(there was a small accident (he ran into a motorcycle, not going very fast though... no damage)

I'm contacting you regarding my 1995 BMW M3. I was very busy finishing my divorce , and I am very glad that I took the car, because it was my husbands most precious thing.

The price I'm asking for the car is only $4,500. It may sound amazing, but it truly is an outstanding deal. I don't ask too much for the car because I just want to get rid of it ASAP, since the bastard cheated on me in this car. It is bad memory and I want to get rid of it, without letting him have it.

I have been trading on eBay for some time and I am an affiliated member with a purchase protection account up to $10,000. I guess you can understand if I request this transaction to be made through ebay. Besides I get also some advantages to my account.

1995 BMW M3 finished in Cosmosschwarz over black leather
This particular car has been serviced to cover every aspect of common failure parts to ensure longevity.This one has had many items replaced: water pump, thermostat, hoses, radiator, coolant reservoir, and rebuilt climate control panel.

All body parts line up as they should, doors, hood, and trunk all close as they did when new and there are zero unsightly gaps. All panels are original on the car.
There is a scratch near the emblem, probably with an experienced buff job it will come out, it does not stand out and is not that deep. On the rear bumper impact strip on the passenger side these is a scratch.

The rest of the body as you can see in the pictures is in great shape for being 13 years old and above average shape. The glass is good all around the car. The headlights have been replaced and look new, they are not foggy as many e36's ae prone to.The inside of the car is in excellent shape. To start with, the seats are "Vaders" and they are in great shape with zero rips or tears and as you can see in the photos show very little wear. All of the functions on the seats work as they should.The windows and sunroof work as they should. The OBC is functional and the readout is perfect. The instrument cluster is clean and clear with no missing pixels and it illuminates at night as it should.As I stated before the car runs great and service is up to date. There is nothing preventing this car to be a daily driver. It starts on the first turn of the key everytime all the time.
http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n360/wforee/1995%20M3/?action=view&current=mini-****2.jpg
http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n360/wforee/1995%20M3/?action=view&current=mini-M3046.jpg

So what do you guys think??

CAMDINANS3
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
i mean the car looks nice...but the backstory is kinda sketchy dont you think? and with a car with 156K on it....PREVIOUS MAINTAINENCE!!!! is a must

Bruce
08-07-2008, 05:12 PM
SCAM! RUN FOR THE HILLS. If it sounds to good to be true.....IT IS!

DBville
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
SCAM! RUN FOR THE HILLS. If it sounds to good to be true.....IT IS!It is a SCAM. Period. Don't know what it is, but it is. I don't have an active CarFax account, but Carfax shows 26 :yikes: records. Most cars will show maybe 6-15.

The lack of wear on the seat means it has been repaired somehow. The fact that the surrounds on both door's speakers are broken means someone was not very careful. The dirt on the 6CD changer and plastic tray below it, above the battery, and surrounding cleanliness indicates the car was very dirty and cleaned for sale.

Bottom line - I am betting the whole story is bogus. At the very, very minimum, pay for a CarFax, and take it to a BMW dealer for a records check. While they can no longer do it for a car you do not own, if you take the car to the dealer, they should run the VIN for you.

I could be all wet too, and it is a great deal!

kyfdx
08-08-2008, 06:32 AM
SCAM! RUN FOR THE HILLS. If it sounds to good to be true.....IT IS!

Does anyone's wife that you know... have all that information about an E36, that isn't their daily driver? Foggy headlight issue? Really? Who, but a bimmerhead would know that?

Way, way too much info in that e-mail for this to be real..

PragmaticGod
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
hey guys, well even if they arent who they say they are, i can see reflections of the person in the car taking the picture, and i have the persons address, and it would be using purcashe protection with ebay so that i'd be protected up to 50,000.

can anything else go wrong? if the car isn't what they say it is, i have 5 days before my money is released.

Bruce
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
hey guys, well even if they arent who they say they are, i can see reflections of the person in the car taking the picture, and i have the persons address, and it would be using purcashe protection with ebay so that i'd be protected up to 50,000.

can anything else go wrong? if the car isn't what they say it is, i have 5 days before my money is released.

You are SOOOO naive. A fool and his money are soon parted. YOU HAVE BE WARNED.

e30e
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Waiting for the "EBAY RIPPED ME OFF THREAD!"

DBville
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Use Google and search for articles and threads about how people have been scammed with money orders, cashiers checks, etc. It happens every day. If it is too good to be true, it is. Period. If you take the time to run a Carfax, I am sure you will be very surprised.

But, given your confidence that ebay's buyer protection plan will save your hide, you will go ahead with it.

Just come back and tell us how it turns out. As other said...."You have been warned".

PragmaticGod
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM
thanks for advice guys, i didn't take deal. I did some more research, and coulnd't even find the seller listed anywhere in directory, and car was registered in georgia, sold in maine. Thanks!

still looking if anyone wants to sell me a 1995-1998 BMW m3, manual, under 160k.

x

e36m34life
08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
thanks for advice guys, i didn't take deal. I did some more research, and coulnd't even find the seller listed anywhere in directory, and car was registered in georgia, sold in maine. Thanks!

still looking if anyone wants to sell me a 1995-1998 BMW m3, manual, under 160k.

x

Good choice buddy, I know you were probably set on buying this car, but it was for your own good. Just have some patience and you will find your "knight in shining armor" soon enough. :thumbup:

Mr.///Matt
08-12-2008, 06:37 AM

x

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304096