PDA

View Full Version : clutch advice

estoril blu
08-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi guys i bought an m3 evo which needed alot of work after an engine bay fire so fitted a new plastic brake fluid bottle which melted ' after refilling and bleeding the brakes and clutch i removed any air from the system now i have good brakes and a nice clutch pedal but its quite difficult engaging gears the pedal has to be fully depresed to the floor before it goes into gear and as soon as you start letting go of the pedal it bites straight away any ideas do i go for a new slave cylinder or new clutch any advice thanks:thumbup:

Pinecone
08-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Are you sure you got the clutch fully bled?

estoril blu
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
yeh i have a bleed kit which uses tyre pressure into the brake reservoir i got underneath and got a small amount of air i ran alot of fluid through it no more air

Pinecone
08-19-2008, 05:16 PM
The clutch doesn't bleed well without removing it. The bleed screw isn't at the top.

Probably even better to push the fluid UP from the cylinder.

estoril blu
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Removing what bro dont get it? the bleed screw is at the slave and how do you push fluid up from the cylinder

Bruce
08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Removing what bro dont get it? the bleed screw is at the slave and how do you push fluid up from the cylinder

He means remove the slave from the bellhousing and put the nipple you to get all the air out. Once you get air in slave it is nearly impossible to get it out without removing the slave. Once the slave is out it is pretty easy to bleed it...however, watch out that the rod doesn't fly out and ruin the slave.

estoril blu
08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
ok take the slave off and then bleed as normal/what was you meant to say (remove the slave from the bellhousing and put the nipple) didnt get that bit but thanks for your help i will try removing it and see if its better

Bruce
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM
put the nipple up is what I meant to say.

estoril blu
08-23-2008, 06:37 AM
makes sense now yeah will try that thanks