PDA

View Full Version : Latest Upgrade-Worthwhile?

chrisria
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Here's some pics of my latest upgrade: a rear strut bar. I never really believed these would make any appreciable difference on a solely street driven car such as mine but I read something that changed my mind. The dreaded rear shock mount weakness has a few fixes and I read that this install acts as a strengthening to the area even beyond just the support plates some have used. What do you guys think?

e30e
08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Here's some pics of my latest upgrade: a rear strut bar. I never really believed these would make any appreciable difference on a solely street driven car such as mine but I read something that changed my mind. The dreaded rear shock mount weakness has a few fixes and I read that this install acts as a strengthening to the area even beyond just the support plates some have used. What do you guys think?

Takes up the trunk, I've had one on my last two e36's. Never really thought of it as something more than a novelty, hopefully the bar didnt cost you much. My current e36 would have on now if I didnt have a kid and a trunk full of crap.

e36m34life
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Looks very nice, I am going to be ordering mine pretty soon now...the front, rear, and the x-brace of course. :)