PDA

View Full Version : Paint Blemishes

SmackX54.4
06-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Well I finally got my X5 4.4i and on delivery noticed 4-5 small imperfection under the Clearcoat on the hood???

Did anyone else have this problem?

:mad: Should I get the entire hood Repainted? I'd hate for there to be a mismatch?

Would BMW NA maybe compensate me for this defect?

Any ideas would be appreciated.... Dealer is going to try and wet-sand to see if it takes care of it???? I doubt it will help.

thanks

The HACK
06-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Have you taken delivery and already signed all the paperworks? If so, you're SOL. It is no longer the dealership's or BMW's responsibility but your own to keep your paint work flawless. They can easily claim the paint blemishes came from everyday driving and while on the lot the paint was FLAWLESS. :dunno:

If not, make sure they fix the paint before you take the keys and drive it off the lot.:thumbup:

Emission
06-02-2003, 01:45 PM
What color is the X5?

Mine is Titanium Silver, and it has a few blemishes that I can see. I mostly ignore them.

Having the dealer try to buff them out concerns me. I'd worry about them thinning the clearcoat - unless they were going to re-spray it (unlikely).

I'd either live with them, or have the hood re-painted.

SmackX54.4
06-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Titanium Silver. It was noted with the Saleperson who happens to be Ted of this board, during the delivery.

I am confident he'll take care of the issue. He is a great guy and what a GREAT dealership. Besides, that issue is UNDER the clearcoat and BMW NA should be the one bearing any costs.

I would highly recommend them to anyone to deal with.

TedW
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Wet sanding is the best solution. If that doesn't work I will paint it for you, but you know as well as I do that breaking up a factory paint job isn't the best idea. I'll do whatever it takes to make it right in your eyes.

Ted