PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea's?

525er
09-04-2008, 09:11 AM
i was on my way home when way home when my 95 540 got to a hill it would barely climb the hill the i couldnt get the rpms much over 1,500 i had to climb it in 1st it was like the motor was cutting out when i tryed to rev it up any more then that. I got it home and figured i would replace the fuel filters and did it seemed to run great the next day once i replaced them but then once i got about 20 miles from home i went to climb another hill and it did the same thing as the night before, then i stopped and the car wouldnt start again i had to be towed home. I checked the fuel pressure it pushes 52 psi and thats dead on with bentlys spec and i clamped the return line and it pushed well over 80 so i dont think its the pressure regulater or the pump i checked the crank sensor and it said about 540 ohms when its supposed to be 1250 or something like that but it starts and idles now about 2 days later after i had to be towed home. So i really dont know where to go from here i got a new crank sensor and new oxygen sensors coming anyone have any idea?

bimmer dot info
09-04-2008, 11:49 AM
The bentley numbers for the crank sensor are off. I tested a new one. I think it was right at 540 ohms.
Check the ignition. Plugs, coils and boots.

525er
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
well i read from the bently for an m60 thats what it said thanks tho for replying i'll check the ignition and stuff tommorw thanks

525er
09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
got it going again after replacing the o2 and the crank i did it in one shot so i dont know which one it was one of the o2's sounded like it was broke you could hear it was broke inside thanks for the reply :thumbup: