PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my clutch 2

colombianpa0222
09-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I've posted this question befor but now I have more information on the problem so I wanted to know if it would still be the same thing as befor or if it might be something different. When I press the clutch down or up slowly you can feel the peddle vibrate and if you go all the way down you hear a grinding noise from the car. When you let go of the clutch in first gear the car shakes and you can smell the clutch. Now, you don't feel the vibration all the time but I do smell the clutch all the time. If the car has been on for a while you don't smell the clutch but once I start driving you can smell it. Can I also get websites where I can find replacement parts for the car.

Bruce
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM
sounds like a pressure plate problem...but you aren't that clear

colombianpa0222
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
If it helps there was not any leak of fluids on the floor. What else do you want to know to see if we can pin point the point or do you think I shoul get a whole clutch kit and get all replaced? Do you think that will take care of the problem? If so what web sites can I go on to find the kits and should I go with a stage clutch or a stock?

Bruce
09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
sounds like a pressure plate problem

CJsCar
09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Pilot bearing

rrsperry
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
There is no way to tell what it could be until you take it apart and look. At that point, you might as well replace the pilot bearing, clutch disc, pressure plate and through out bearing. Only after you have it apart can you tell if the flywheel need to be replaced too. You should NEVER EVER try to resurface the dual mass flywheel. No matter what crap you hear on the net, there is no way to do it without getting metal particles and shavings into the dual mass mechanism. Cleaning the surface can be done, but if it's bad, you need to replace it.