PDA

View Full Version : I've been banned for months over at other board

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 07:54 AM
I have beened banned for months from the E46 and E39 boards, I have sent 5 emails but never received anything but a canned reply.

Of course I never did anything wrong to deserve this. The weird thing is I don't have a constant ip address. I think way more people are being banned than we know about.

Great job on new board very clean look!

I have an X5, will we have a separate boards for other models?

Happy Holidays!

bmw325
12-26-2001, 09:27 AM
I used to be banned w/ my AOL account but could post w/ my work or earthlink accounts. Now, I can only post w/ my AOL account-- very strange and annoying. I'm trying to wean myself completely from that other board.

Imola Ed
12-26-2001, 10:57 AM
I get the same canned responses and no replies. Guess they want people to leave. OK. Bye...

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 11:03 AM
It has to do with some bugs in the software (i.e IP Blocking), nothing else. I don't think that the admins over there ban 'normal' posters intentionally.

I've been banned too. Tried to post using a proxy server and it worked very well.

Alex

TD
12-26-2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
It has to do with some bugs in the software (i.e IP Blocking), nothing else. I don't think that the admins over there ban 'normal' posters intentionally.

I've been banned too. Tried to post using a proxy server and it worked very well.

Alex

It's been a known problem for some time that non-offending posters were getting blocked from posting. So, instead of leaving the blocking in place, wouldn't it make more sense to, until you can get the bugs worked out, turn the blocking off and just delete any troll posts that occur. Why block out your regulars, even for an hour, when it's teh regulars that provide the valuable content? It's not like there were THAT many trolls pre-blocking. Delete a thread or two a day and keep everyone happy. But no...

Imola Ed
12-26-2001, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by TD

It's been a known problem for some time that non-offending posters were getting blocked from posting. So, instead of leaving the blocking in place, wouldn't it make more sense to, until you can get the bugs worked out, turn the blocking off and just delete any troll posts that occur. Why block out your regulars, even for an hour, when it's teh regulars that provide the valuable content? It's not like there were THAT many trolls pre-blocking. Delete a thread or two a day and keep everyone happy. But no...

Absolutely. The real problem is that people like me have Earthlink as their ISP, and I get my IP via DHCP, so you can't just go blocking any IP you don't like - someone else is bound to get it later and pay the price.

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by TD

EXCELLENT POINT!

Its like using Napalm to kill ants, with this IP blocking crap.