PDA

View Full Version : Loose Dust Pad?

BXS1118
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
So I took my 530i into the dealership to replace ball joint bushings and front stabilizer bar/joint. The car felt great, no bumps, or extra clunking in the suspension. But soon afterward, my front driver side wheel started making a sound like something was loose in the wheels. My buddy said it is a loose dust pad on the calipers? But I didn't think they needed to take the calipers off in the first place... I'm confused. :dunno:

Viktor
09-15-2008, 12:59 PM
So I took my 530i into the dealership to replace ball joint bushings and front stabilizer bar/joint. The car felt great, no bumps, or extra clunking in the suspension. But soon afterward, my front driver side wheel started making a sound like something was loose in the wheels. My buddy said it is a loose dust pad on the calipers? But I didn't think they needed to take the calipers off in the first place... I'm confused. :dunno:

I'm sure the dealership should check it up for you no charge since it happened just after you took it out from their servicing.

AHalibut
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I had the same issue with my 540i until they got in there and replaced the brakes.

Out of curiosity, how much did they charge you to replace your worn bushings?

BXS1118
09-16-2008, 06:20 AM
I order OEM parts of Pelican Parts - http://www.pelicanparts.com and I took of the control arms myself. I took the arms to NAPA where they had the hydraulic press needed, and they did it for $6.50. The bushing on the other side was being a little difficult so I took it in then. For the bushing on the passenger side control arm, it was around $200, and thats with customer supplied parts. They charged me $95/hr.... If only use normal guys had all the tools to do the job. =/