PDA

View Full Version : Heya! 92 535i

Dromlace
09-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Well hello thar.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll71/Dromlace/BMW/Angle.png
That's my baby, got it last Friday and so far I love it. Stock engine, custom paint, aftermarket sound system(I think, the bass really thumps).

I never even thought of getting a BMW as a first car, originally I wanted a 240sx, Lancer Evo, or a truck. I've never looked into Euro engines nor modding them so I don't really know where to look for mods besides 2k racing and andy's.

*The thing in the window came with the car, so yeah I know it's ugly.
**Anyone mind telling me how to take the cap off the rim so I can check what lug pattern it is?

zumir
09-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Nice looking car for a first one. My first BMW was my 15th car... How much did yours cost (only if you don't mind my asking)? Manual or Auto?

cascadeclear
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
you should just have to turn them off they are not hard to get off. Get a chip on ebay they are cheap. That give you 40 hp

zumir
09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
so how does the "chip" work?

bimmer dot info
09-17-2008, 07:50 AM
There is a tool to take the center caps off if you cant get them by hand. It is fairly cheap from the dealer. Bolt pattern is 5 on 120mm.
Check out bmwe34.net for a bunch of good info.

Dromlace
09-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice looking car for a first one. My first BMW was my 15th car... How much did yours cost (only if you don't mind my asking)? Manual or Auto?
4200 USD and I thought I posted it was a 5 speed 0.o

you should just have to turn them off they are not hard to get off. Get a chip on ebay they are cheap. That give you 40 hp
Last time it moved about a inch and then just sorta stayed on.

There is a tool to take the center caps off if you cant get them by hand. It is fairly cheap from the dealer. Bolt pattern is 5 on 120mm.
Check out bmwe34.net for a bunch of good info.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

BuckNaked
09-18-2008, 12:27 PM
the lug pattern is 5x120 et20 those are stock 7x15 one piece style 5 rims, not to be confused with the two piece style fives that are highly desireable for these cars.

CarDriver
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
There is a guy on DTMpower BMW message boards that is selling a set of original M5 style BMW rims. They are mint. I did not realize that they are made for Left and right side so the pattern faces the same on both sides. "Sweet"! They can be found under the post topic "Classifieds"

Two Rich for my blood though. now that I have two E34 mouths to feed, customizations are taking twice as long LOL...

Dromlace
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
There is a guy on DTMpower message boards that is selling a set of original M5 style BMW rims. They are mint. I did not realize that they are made for Left and right side so the contour faces the same on both sides. "Sweet"!

Two Rich for my blood though. now that I have two E34 mouths to feed, customizations are taking twice as long LOL...

The point of posting this in my topic was? :confused:

The Night
09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
That is one beautiful auto:yikes: Has anything been done to the interior?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1221

CarDriver
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
The point of posting this in my topic was? :confused:

Don't be a jerk OK... The point is obvious. They would look great on your car. (OK, maybe not that obvious as I did not elaborat). The purpose of this site is to share info. I shared some with you and you shared a little my way. So, thank you for sharing and have a great day :jack:

CloudNine
09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
There should be a black plastic tool in the trunk, along with the jack. It removes the center cap with a counterclockwise twist. Line up the arrows to replace it. Tom

Dromlace
09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
That is on beautiful auto:yikes: Has anything been done to the interior?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1221

Not that I know of, damp cloth to dust it...and it's wood grain/black leather(kinda torn up in the back.

attack eagle
09-19-2008, 04:26 PM
unless you have somethign that screams aftermarket (like an amp!) the system is probably stock.

nice car, jsut needs e codes, lowering, wheels (yesthat pattern is BMW only, and no BMW 3 series and SUV wheels don;t fit).

Looks like someone resprayed it recently, hopefully not to cover rust or other damage