PDA

View Full Version : No HEAT!!!

jaybo86
09-17-2008, 10:47 AM
my 92 535i has no heat so I got to looking and I noticed the three lines on the fire wall but only two are conected the far left on is disconected and also the box on the driver side is missing a hose as well so i'm guessing the heater core is bad and the previous owner bypassed it anyone know about this and have any advice? any help will be appreciated

jaybo86
09-17-2008, 11:15 AM
anybody

CarDriver
09-17-2008, 11:42 AM
It is possible that it is not the heater core. It could be the Water Control Valve that is under the hood at the fire wall on the drivers side. It could have stuck open and was bypassed so the last owner could get the AC to blow cold. I am including the link to a diagram of the hoses.

But then, it could be that the heater core went bad and in that case you would need to replace it. you will not know anything untill you reconnect the whater control valve and any other hoses that should be connecdted.

I hope this was helpful.

jaybo86
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks yea the a/c blows cold but when I turn the heat on the control valve makes a squealing noise

jaybo86
09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
so do you know for sure where the far left #23 hose on the diagram goes?

CarDriver
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
The 23 hose is listed on the Adobe attatchment as "Hose A", it is the coolant return line. I need to look up exactly what it returns too. I will get back to you after I get off work.

jaybo86
09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
The 23 hose is listed on the Adobe attatchment as "Hose A", it is the coolant return line. I need to look up exactly what it returns too. I will get back to you after I get off work.

No problem thanks man:thumbup:

CarDriver
09-18-2008, 06:24 AM
I looked under my hood this morning but was unable to see exactly where the fluid returns too without really getting in there. Sorry... I was not dressed for the occasion.

It did not look as though it went back to the radiator. Look on the drivers side of the engine below the throttle body for a plugged hose, That should be it.

I can tell you that the hose coming out of the engine on the drivers side closest to the fire wall is not it. . I will keep digging up Drawings and you should do the same. You can search this site or do a goggle search and should come up with the answer.

UPDATE!

I found it. Hooray... It goes in about 4 inches aft of the upper radiator hose on the upper left side of the motor. Just look where the upper radiator hose connects and the Hose "A" (Fluid return line) is just on the other side of that.

jaybo86
09-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks I bought a control valve today new was $130 but a guy at a junk yard let me take it off and I only gave $5 for it wow I'm going to reconect everthing a see what happens, but thanks again

CarDriver
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Thats great. I need to get one for my sedan. But winter is comming up and I have nothing but heat, I think I can wait on it... :thumbup: