PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for this car?

Morrspd
09-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Hello All! I am new to the site, and already the info has been extremely helpful. I have been in the market for an E36 Vert with low miles and unmodified/lightly modified for some time now and haven't had much success finding one east of the mississippi.
Then I see one and start to talk with the owner. After a couple of follow up emails I have got him to agree to entertain an offer.

It is a 98 M3 vert, silver with black int w/5 speed
1 owner, mostly female driven
No mods. No work done except batteries and tires.
16,000 miles!!!
Only driven in summer months.

Assuming a PPI uncovers no adverse effects from all of the sitting it has done and passes with flying colors - what do you think the value is? What would you pay?

I ballpark it at $16-17k. I welcome any opinions or comments.

Thanks, and I look forward to your replies.

fun2drive
09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Be sure to check the top. A PPI if this is actual mileage should show little but if this car was garaged top up it should be in great shape.
I would think it would be an excellent value for the price.
This car is an anomaly because of its mileage...

e30e
09-25-2008, 08:51 AM
My worries would be the 2nd you get on it, the parts that are now 10 years old are going to fail since they are not used. Low miles are nice but that thing has not even been broken in to. The saying use it or lose it comes to mind. I would hate to have to replace the cooling system because it just sat and rotted because of lack of use. Definitely get a PPI.

Edgy36-39
09-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow -- what a rare find. That's the mileage mine had when I bought her -- of course that was almost five years ago.

I've scanned a list of E36 problems from the April 05 issue of Bimmer magazine. I'm not trying to be a downer -- sounds like an amazing car, and manual verts are like a 2-1 minority. But things will start to go wrong, and you should factor that into price.

Plus a 10 year old, RWD convertible isn't for everyone, which restricts the audience the seller can talk to. Is this going to be a daily driver -- in NH?

Good luck, and negotiate with ice in your veins -- don't be too eager, or you'll overpay.

http://www.geocities.com/cgp01/Images/M3Images/E36Issues.jpg