PDA

View Full Version : Radio code doesn't work ...

boru
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post; thanks in advance for your help.

My problem is that the radio security code in my '95 540i has stopped working. I got the code by taking my car into the dealer a few months ago, and it worked at least twice (two separate occasions when I managed to kill the battery). Now, after a recent engine belt failure and service, the code doesn't work. It beeps after I enter the fourth digit, which is what it had previously done when you entered the wrong code.

I'm sure I'm entering the code correctly, and it definitely worked before. Any ideas?

bmwrus
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
OK if you put the incorrect code in more then 3 times you will need to have it re-set before attempting to try again, it is very easy to put it in wrong since you will need to make sure you start the code combination with the first number. so in order to re-set the radio you will need to have the key in the on position (acc.) for at least one hour then try it again making sure you start the correct sequence, this worked for me hope this will help you.

boru
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I finally got a chance to try this and it worked! Thanks for the tip. With two little kids, the radio is a necessity.

bmwrus
10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I know what you mean i got 2 girls......