PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problem

Happyboy
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone, Bettery seem like it never holds a charge. one night I didnt close my tunk all the way and the lights was on and killed my battery.so now when i jumped my car and let it charge, the next day it like I never charged it. it has some juice in it but not enough to start the car.

When i look that my battery closing it say this

Sufficiently Charged--->Green Circle
InSufficiently Charged-->Black Circle
Replace Battery.-->Yellow Circle

Right now it showing the Black circle my battery inSufficiently charged..
I am lost what wrong with my battery?

Thanks for your time

djfitter
09-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Did ya ever think you might need a new battery? They don't last forever.:dunno:

dj

Ryan M
09-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone, Bettery seem like it never holds a charge. one night I didnt close my tunk all the way and the lights was on and killed my battery.so now when i jumped my car and let it charge, the next day it like I never charged it. it has some juice in it but not enough to start the car.

When i look that my battery closing it say this

Sufficiently Charged--->Green Circle
InSufficiently Charged-->Black Circle
Replace Battery.-->Yellow Circle

Right now it showing the Black circle my battery inSufficiently charged..
I am lost what wrong with my battery?

Thanks for your time

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, (did I mention ever?) use the built in hygrometer to diagnose a battery. The "magic eye" as it's called, will only give you the condition of 1 cell. Your battery has 6 cells. So you could have 5 bad cells but the hygrometer will tell you it's good because that particular cell happens to be.

You need to take your battery to an auto parts store and get a battery capacity test done. They will hook it up to a Voltage/Amperage Tester (VAT) and put a load onto the battery equal to one half of the Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) rating using a carbon pile rheostat and determine if the battery is good or bad by seeing how low the voltage drops. There you go, more that you ever wanted to know about testing a battery.

attack eagle
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM
have you actually CHARGED the battery with a battery charger? or are you asking the alternator to recharge a fully drained battery (never happen).

I'd jsut buy a new one myself if it was more than 3 years old. they really really don't like full discharge and partial charging cycling.

bimmer dot info
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
+1 I'd get a new one.