PDA

View Full Version : door panel question

Cali Love (e34)
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
89 525i auto... my driver front door panel has a wrinkle in it (some skateboarder ran into it, which is why the original owner wanted to sell) does the whole door need to be replaced or can i find just the outer panel at a junk yard? question 2 is will interior panels from a 1990 or 91 fit on an 89?

bimmer dot info
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Panels will work if they match (if that matters to you).
The door is one part. You could probably have the skin cut off and welded on by a good body shop.
Is it beyond repair? Some of the PDR guys can do wonders.

Cali Love (e34)
09-29-2008, 02:23 PM
no it is not beyond repair, i believe it was dented inward and the owner had it pulled out but didnt like the little wrinkle it left (about a foot long parallel with the ground a little bit above the black trim. who are the PDR guys??? I work at a shop but we dont do body work... however we do have a mig welder the fire dept doesnt know about, but the owner doesnt let us work on our own stuff much. thanks for the help

bimmer dot info
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
PDR is paintless dent repair (I think PDR is an insurance term).

Cali Love (e34)
09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
ahh... might need to be painted tho has a few small chips, maybe touch up will work for now. the plan is to get all the mods i want done first then prep it myself for paint. its the beigemetallic now but i want to go a shade of blue... got a few good ideas from people off here so ya