PDA

View Full Version : Official BMW X1 concept design pics released!!!

DOJguy
09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190126&stc=1&d=1222822308

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190127&stc=1&d=1222822308

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190128&stc=1&d=1222822308

I just hope they price it competitively and take some market share out of some smaller SAV cars like RAV4 and etc.

darkus
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
very nice

bdardashti
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Doesn't that kind of look similar in size compared to the current X3? Like how the front is mimicking the lights/grill of the new 7...but it looks a little too Infiniti...

Or is it just me?

doubledeclutch
09-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll take two please. One for me and one for the wife.

kyfdx
10-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Doesn't that kind of look similar in size compared to the current X3? Like how the front is mimicking the lights/grill of the new 7...but it looks a little too Infiniti...

Or is it just me?

Side view... from the rear doors back, it's a dead ringer for the EX35...

Wife wants an SUV... thought the EX35 would be a good compromise... She says, "That's not an SUV... I don't want a station wagon."

In her eyes, the EX35 doesn't sit far enough off the ground to make it look like an SUV.. That may be a problem with the X1, though it's hard to tell from the pictures..

Barcius
10-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Well that for sure is ugly. : puke: The front looks like a KIA and the doors look like you got involved in an accident. Please BMW fire Chris Bangle. What was he thinking (or smoking!)? :banghead:

TMQ
10-01-2008, 10:48 AM
This actually looks quite good. The 7 series design looks good on this SUV, as much as I would advocate staying away from SUVs. The design seems pretty well integrated and aggressive.

I guess it's not going to be sold in NA? I think the X3 is expected to grow in size.

Barcius
10-01-2008, 05:56 PM
The 7 series design looks good on this SUV. :loco:

minicrazy592
10-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Well I like it! I hope that they will bring it to the US. It better have the twin turbo I-6 under its hood. Although the exhaust pipe reveals a 4, sigh. I would be their first customer if it had the twin.

PS: I like Bangle's designs

X3 Skier
10-02-2008, 05:58 AM
Definitely my next European Delivery.:thumbup:

The "Kink" is much a much better execution than the current X3.

Cheers

bdardashti
10-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Well I like it! I hope that they will bring it to the US. It better have the twin turbo I-6 under its hood. Although the exhaust pipe reveals a 4, sigh. I would be their first customer if it had the twin.

PS: I like Bangle's designs

Based on everything that has been in BMW news recently, there WILL be an I-4 under the hood, but just because this concept model has an I-4 doesn't mean BMW won't put any I-6s in there....

BMW's new turbo 4 is supposed to be an amazing engine...obviously won't compete with our beloved TT 6, but it will reportedly beat the engine in BMW's '28i (128, 328, 528..) with more torque. It might be an interesting engine on this car depending on how much the car weighs..

ptack
10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Here it is for real. Kinda strange the way they unveiled it - stuck in a corner. It suggests this is still a work in progress.

TMQ
10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
:loco:

front upright kidney grille and lights

pilotman
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
will this be sold in the US?

I don't get it, it is SEVERAL inches shorter than the existing X3, which is just adequate space-wise for four adults and luggage.

I can BARELY fit forward facing car seats in our X3 as is.

You'd have to put the front seats pretty far forward to make decent legroom for rear passengers, unless they have acheived some interior packaging miracle or completely done away with a "trunk"

this will NOT compete with the RAV4, etc. those are much larger, more useful vehicles

Even the Honda CRV has a sliding rear bench which allows you to adjust for legroom or cargo capacity, brilliant, why doesn't BMW use this?

If you have a night on the town with another couple, you can slide the seat all the way back and create some very nice legroom, otherwise slide it forward and carry your cargo.

Toyota and Honda offer this, but unless the X1 has decent rear space, what's the point of making it a four door?

ITs going to be awfully expensive for what it is