PDA

View Full Version : 525 Wagon cat for california - so cheap?

jobo1943
09-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I was browsing for a replacement cat(s) and found Amazon claiming that the MagnaFlow 94007 was good for California on a 1995 525it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Jobo
Edit/Delete Message

attack eagle
10-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I dunno, it is an OBDI vehicle, so AFAIK ANY obdII compliant cat is legal... evne in cali.

It;s only the obdII cars which have to have aftermarket replacement cats certified for the chassis. OR so it has been explained to me by your fellow prisoners.

I have been told by numerous people, on several occasions, that the magnaflow cats simply do NOT clean up the exhaust enough compared to the OEM cats.

Looking at my CATCO (the only brand BF.c hasn't tried yet) I believe it. I could see light thru the brick, but I still have hopes that I won't be running twin cats in series to pass here in Texas. Got to get after it, it finally arrived today after a month of waiting on summit... inspection expired 7/31/08 :)

jobo1943
10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I finally had the brainwave of looking under the hood and bingo the EC sticker says OBD1 compliant. Whew! Big bucks - buying a BMW cat for $2000 would double my yearly maintenance costs:)