PDA

View Full Version : Well, I pulled the trigger ...

bear685
10-01-2008, 08:35 AM
on a 91 525i auto. 162000 miles, auto, 3rd party radio. not getting fuel from the tank - been sitting up for awhile. the curent "possessor" poured a little fuel into the air intake and it started right up. looks like i might need a fuel pump, fuel filter and a battery to get started.

dash stuff works, only a couple of tears in the rear seat at the top bolster in the middle, front seats fine, all leather needs conditioning. dash is fine, body is straight with all pieces and not a ding or scratch. all lenses, lights, etc.

did not try the air, windows, or sunroof - yet. for $500, it looked good enough to start with. the air has been converted to r-134a, which seemed to be a selling point. green with tan interior.

any ideas about getting the fuel situation sorted out would be appreciated - i think I'll start by draining the tank and getting a new filter.

bimmer dot info
10-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Might need a new fuse, relay or pump. Changing the filter and draining the tank will help too. If you are having problems after that let us know.