PDA

View Full Version : 02 X5 with Vibration prob.

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 08:43 AM
I picked up new X5 a week ago. I noticed that while stopped in drive with my foot on brake, like a red light etc, that there is a vibration. I can really feel it if I place my knee against the door panel. It goes completely away in park.
Anyone have any info on this.

Really annoying for a 50,000.00 SAV.

Thanks

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 01:39 PM
Its an amazing concept ... I kind of see it as a 5 series on stilts.

The tires on the sport package are not performance spec so I have to upgrade those puppies, prob. to pirelli scorpion zero.

The Dash board is beautiful and the exterior is hot looking, gets lots of stares when driving. I love the way it looks in black! I also got the black interior with dark wood trim...... Didn't get the NAV since its CD based and not DVD, also you lose the CD player for music and get a cassette player instead, when you order the NAV, unbelievable. Maybe next year we will get 8 track :)

The handling for something that big and heavy is truly mind blowing. You have to drive one.

The vehicle has lots of bugs still. I also have problems with key memory. I know its been recalled like 9 times, but thats why I waited for an 02.

Overall I love it, we saw it as a 5 series cross engineered with a SAV

My 00 323i has never had a single problem, rock solid.

The HACK
12-26-2001, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by bimmerguy
I picked up new X5 a week ago. I noticed that while stopped in drive with my foot on brake, like a red light etc, that there is a vibration. I can really feel it if I place my knee against the door panel. It goes completely away in park.
Anyone have any info on this.

Really annoying for a 50,000.00 SAV.

Thanks

The 3.0 X5s suffer from a engine management software problem that causes it to STALL out of the blue. I think BMW's solution was to up the idle speed and the vibration is a side effect of that.

If it's a 4.4 then I don't know what can possibly be causing it.

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by The HACK

The 3.0 X5s suffer from a engine management software problem that causes it to STALL out of the blue. I think BMW's solution was to up the idle speed and the vibration is a side effect of that.

If it's a 4.4 then I don't know what can possibly be causing it.

Its a 3.0. The rpms are low aprox 600, when the vibration occurs. I can't understand why so many problems with the X5 eng. when its used in the E46 and E39 with no problems.