PDA

View Full Version : Tires for my e34

nh4oh
10-06-2008, 01:23 AM
They need replacing on my 90 525i. They are both worn, and old in age. The rubber has started to crack noticably, and the FL blew out while it was parked at home the other day.

What brand/kind of tires y'all think would be nice?
It currently has three old, 225/60R15 95H Pirelli P8000 "drago"'s and one random used tire from mexico. I might like something with a little lower profile, but I haven't really put much thought into it.

p.s. Oh yeah, my usual driving route is about 10 mi of flat rural highway, 4 mi of hilly rural backroad, and 2 mi of suburban town driving. I can count the number of turns on one hand, and It'll be covered in ice/snow plenty of times. I don't want snow tires though.

bimmer dot info
10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Get any all season tires. Play around on tire rack.
I had good results with BF goodrich Traction T/As. They did better in the snow than my Pirelli P6000s did.

Dont change the profile. If you do you will change the overall diameter of the wheel which will affect your spedometer reading, effective gear ratio (on the 525i that would not be the worst thing), and it will make the car lower (read as "your car might become a snow plow").