PDA

View Full Version : motor almsot stalls when accelerating

mikenite!!!!
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
so my 525I is giving me hell since the whole over heating inccedent
i jsut went out for a drive ( have drivin it in a few days) and when i went to floor it and have some fun the motor died well not all the way it sputtered and lost all power
but i can still slowly bring it up to higher rpm's just cant gun it off the line

should i check the MAF or vacumm system or is there some place else i should check to??

CarDriver
10-08-2008, 05:30 PM
When is the last time you had an ignition tune up? Plugs. wires, distributer... It could be a vacuum or MAF problem but it sounds like your dumping gas in that is not igniting the way it should and she floods??? Check your Spark plugs first. Eliminate the most common causes first and then work your way up to the worst case possible causes.

mikenite!!!!
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
its got new plugs wires and distributer

im thinking it could be the MAF or a vaccumer leak cuz as iv been building this thing to race and all i have been finding all sorts of leaks in the vaccum system

could it be the big gap i run on my plugs ?? i run a rather large gap on weekends and a different gap on the week days could it be the coil ??

and btw is thier a way to bypass having a MAF ??? that last bmw i had had a carb and im not to knowledge able on EFI systems