PDA

View Full Version : Door Locks Pop up by themselves

CarDriver
10-08-2008, 04:22 PM
After locking my car doors, the door locks pop up by themselves a few minutes later (all but the drivers side, the bracket for the actuator broke on that one). :dunno:

Any one had this before?

By the way, Any one have a 1990 E34 drivers side door to sell?

Thanks...

yaofeng
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
My 95 525 does that occasionally right after I lock the car I had to lock again.

CarDriver
10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
mine just keeps on doing it I have locked the doors about six times today. For now I just went out to check and they were up again. I have disconnected the battery so it will stay locked over night. There may be some moisture on the contacts? I will attempt to eliminate that possibility tomorrow. :dunno:

dannyc9997
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
mine just keeps on doing it I have locked the doors about six times today. For now I just went out to check and they were up again. I have disconnected the battery so it will stay locked over night. There may be some moisture on the contacts? I will attempt to eliminate that possibility tomorrow. :dunno:

Mine did this only when the trunk lock cylinder was in the unlock position, turn it all the way to the right and pull the key out, and see if that helps.

CarDriver
10-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Mine did this only when the trunk lock cylinder was in the unlock position, turn it all the way to the right and pull the key out, and see if that helps.

I tried that this afternoon and it did not work. I am going to clean all the contacts starting with the trunk and I hop that will do it. :dunno:

RocknRoll
10-11-2008, 11:14 AM
You could be have a problem with your General Module(underneath the rear seat on the left side). I had the same problem and changed this module.

kennikins
10-17-2008, 02:22 AM
check if you can lock your car from the trunk...

when my locks kept popping up when i locked it at the door i couldnt figure it out, then i tried locking it from the trunk and nothing happened.

i looked under the trunk and saw some of the wires had been ripped apart... including the wire for the locking system

i then put them back together and my locks work perfectly fine

CarDriver
10-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Mine lock from the trunk just fine. I need to get in there and repair the mounting bracket for the actuator on the drivers side and see if that helps. The actuator is just hanging inside the drivers door. I also need to check for a short but I have not had the time to get too far into it :o((

CarDriver
10-17-2008, 06:23 AM
You could be have a problem with your General Module(underneath the rear seat on the left side). I had the same problem and changed this module.

That is also something to look at. Thanks!

attack eagle
10-19-2008, 10:29 PM
nope, fix the not working lock solenoid. the fact that it is unlocking indicates the gm is probably ok.

if one doesn;t work the system will unlock the doors again.

CarDriver
10-20-2008, 06:24 AM
nope, fix the not working lock solenoid. the fact that it is unlocking indicates the gm is probably ok.

if one doesn;t work the system will unlock the doors again.

Thanks, I do need to get out there and fix the broken mounting bracket for actuator of the drivers door. I need to get some wire mesh together with the epoxy putty and make a splint for it. It is a nightmare trying to buy that bracket from a junk yard.

Get this.. the yards that I have called tell me. they do not have the door locking innards of the door. I would need to by the door. But then they say. "The doors we have are stripped down to just the door only" OK, so what about the parts that were stripped from the door. "Oh, well for an extra hundred bucks, we will put the parts you are looking for back in the door you buy.

What a bunch of BS...