PDA

View Full Version : parting outn 1995 540i 6 speed

sstuner
10-11-2008, 09:13 AM
well i just picked up a parts car

its black on black 540 6 runs like ****, brakes are shot and there is a nice shimmy at 90k/h

the interior is mint which is very surprising and every thing in it works except for the A/C

vin is GA64027

built 7/94

any one want anything just let me know, i am using the doors and front end sheet metal and taking the engine and trans to get re-built

so pretty much the rest is up for grabs.

i will be gone until tuesday night unless i can get my niece off her computer for a few minutes as it is thanksgiving here in canada

later

yaofeng
10-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Keep the gear box and realted part for potential buyers to convert to 6 speed. It could fetch a fair price, likely more than you paid for your car. The parts include the gear box, propeller shaft, rear differential. pedal assembly, shifter, master and slave cylinder and the clutch fluid reservoir plus the hydraulic lines.

sstuner
10-13-2008, 10:01 AM
oh for sure. i already have a spot cleared in the garage for that.

engine comes out on saturday and off to the machine shop on monday and i should have a "brand new" engine in about 10 days.

they are going to machine the cylinders bigger, insert a cast iron sleeve and then machine the sleeves to the factory specs, a new set of pistons and rings. new bearings on the crank shaft and then the block is as good as new, mabey even better.

get the heads checked out. might have to re-do the vlave seats, figure it will cost me about 1800 once it is all said and done.

jnewcomb25
10-14-2008, 11:41 PM
is it a m50 dohc slant six singel vanos if so would u be willing to part with the motronic engine ecu

EyeDoc1
10-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd be interested in the instrument cluster. Dunno if it'd work with a 91 525, but let me know what you're asking.

BTW...isn't that a pix of a VTR M88, and not a tank? Hard for me to see.

Regards,

Christen

sstuner
10-15-2008, 05:56 PM
cluster is in kilometers, no idea if it will work but make me an offer. i have no idea what to charge for it.

and the picture is of my leopard 1 Armoured Recovery Vehicle. its the tank tow truck.
and as soon as i find my new pictures from afghanistan i will be putting up my leopard 2 ARV that i was ripping around in for the last 5 months.

r100rt@gmail.co
10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for serving!!

What color is the interior? I need the left side driver seat plastic piece that the seat switches fit. Mine is tan
Thanks1

sstuner
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
its black

Acschnitzer90
10-16-2008, 01:47 PM
is its auto or manul?? if manul how much you want for the trank and clutch

rdc
10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Got a side marker light? Red or amber OK. Looking for two connectors/wires as well.

sstuner
10-22-2008, 11:30 PM
well it appears that some of my posts do not show up on here.

it is a standard. it has the dual mass flywheel which is an amazing 1300 bucks for a new one. crazy.

clutch is in pretty good shape, havent measured it yet, but you can get just the cutch disk which is pretty cool too.

side marker lights. yes i have 2 both red, in decent shape, the front ones are heat cracked. like normal. and some wiring. i can arange that no problem. i will snip it as far away from the connector as i can.

pm me with offers. i realy suck at asking for money