PDA

View Full Version : '92 E34 525i, exhaust

cpnwrench
10-11-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah me again, newbie..:eeps: anyone know of "good" salvage yards w/ BMWs? N.Va does not have large selection of junk..ahem salvage yards in close proximity to where I am.
Anyway,,, am just curious as to someplace I can locate a "complete" exhaust system for my new pride and joy. am pulling it out this weekend to JET-COAT the headers, (man-o-man, will they look sweet when I am done!!!!) was just curious as I seem to have shrouding beginning to show sings of departing the tubing (around cats etc). no real exhaust emergency, just want it tight n' right. been lookking at various sites on line, seems like peice meal parts, nothing complete.
Am also looking at a tire/wheel package, currently 15 inchers, any issue bumpin up to 17's or even 20? Thanks everyone for listening, hope I can be of assist to anyone else!:smokin:

bimmer dot info
10-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Can't help with the junk yards.
The largest you should ever run is 18" (most think that is too big) 19"s will fit. 16"s or 17"s are great.

Brian McKinney
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
bavarian recycling in Cali, they have alawys had everything I have ever wanted at fair prices and good condition

sstuner
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
BDI is right on the money again.
20 is too much, the ride will be brutal. wear a kidney belt.

i have 15 and 17 and the 17's look better but the 15's are so much smoother