PDA

View Full Version : need info plz help.

slav
10-14-2008, 08:25 AM
hey guys. i just joined because i was interested in an M3 that recently got put up for sale here where i live. its a 97 blue M3 four door, with 160kmiles. and the guy wants $7.5k for it.

so i have a few questions. how long does this car usually last, because i dont want to spend 7.5k on something thats on its last leg, how well does the E36 do in snow, because it is going to have to be my daily driver, and lastly do you guys think 7.5k is a fair price for the car?

thanks -Z

Bruce
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
you need to have a PPI done. Only then will you know what condition it is in and what it is worth. Also take a lot of the sticky on the main page about common items with E36 M3s.

slav
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
the guy says that he just got the whole heating system changed, water pump hoses... the whole deal. he also says the airbag light is on because he put in aftermarket seats and belts..., and that the asc and abs lights come on but go off by themselves. but i guess my main question is still. how many miles do these cars usually go if they are regularly maintained.

Bruce
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
you need to have a PPI done. Only then will you know what condition it is in and what it is worth. Also take a lot of the sticky on the main page about common items with E36 M3s.

BDL
10-14-2008, 09:25 PM
You also asked about driving in snow. I change my ultra high performance summer tires for wheels and Blizzaks n the winter. Plowed though 6 inches of powder in New Hampshire last winter with no problem.