PDA

View Full Version : 1990 525i - a few questions

hansbockler
10-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Hello! I am new to the board and this is my first post.

First off, my windshield wipers, sun roof, locks, and radio all stopped working simultaneously. i read that this is likely due to 80 amp fusible link. A) is this true? B) where could i buy this? and C) is this something i could fix myself?

Secondly, about 6 months ago, way before this fusible link problem, both of my back doors locked, and have since permanently remained locked. no matter what i do, they will not budge. these two doors both locked within about 2 months of each other, with the left going first, and the right going second.

I generally don't ride around with anyone but my wife, but it is still quite a nuisance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I got this BMW when I was 16, I am now 21, and I plan to only drive BMW's forever.

bimmer dot info
10-16-2008, 06:40 AM
A) True
B) Dealer (should be under a dollar)
C) Yes (you will need a wrench and enough know how not to weld the wrench to any grounds)

Doors are harder. It could be broken wiring or bad actuators. If you dont have a bentley it would be good for you to get one. It will help you find the correct pins and wires to try to unlock the doors.

makavely
02-02-2009, 07:35 PM
did you ever get an answer for your dor locks and al theother stuff It just happened to me same syndrome

kkodal78
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.bmwe34.net/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Locked+doors
try this and let me know too please.i have the same issue with my 1990 530i my right side rear door is locked and i have to try this solution on mine as well but never had time to do so.
when i get to it i'll let you know if you haven't done anything by then.

i also have another question to all
my 530 also has some issue with the headlights.when i turn the low beams it stays on for a couple mins and than it goes off for a couple mins and comesback and sometimes i have to turn them off and turn them back on to get it working but it doesn't work all the time so i am lost in this problem.fogs stay on when i have them on.high beams are kind a tempermental as well.is there a relay i should look intoto see if there is a fix for it.and also right low beam doesn't get any power at the fuse box so i put a paper clip from left one to give juice to the right one but of course i still get the light out warning on the dash.any help would be appreciated.