PDA

View Full Version : just got an e34, and having issues

kennikins
10-17-2008, 01:28 AM
hey everyone, i just purchases a 91 525i 5 speed. i bought it last week and it was fine, but now i'm having some issues.

my rear passenger side window is cracked slightly open, i cant open or close it, my wipers dont work, i cant crack my sunroof but i can open it fully (sometimes when i try to close it, it takes a second before it starts closing), and my radio keeps searching for a station signal for all the regular popular radio stations, it plays, but sometimes it has a cracking noise/is not too clear.

i have already replaced the GM, RM, and CCM with ones i found on another 91 525, but i am still having issues.

i checked every fuse there is, all have power going through them

then i checked the fusible link thats easily accessible and its fine

the other fusible link i couldnt really get to because it was so low...

i sprayed some greaser on the wipers to see if it would help any and that did not work

now i did realize on the one touch on my sunroof was much easier to do than before and that puzzled me because i remember it was suppose to be one hard touch for it to open or close all the way

any ideas?

Viktor
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Hows the battery connection? Any build up?

kennikins
10-19-2008, 02:31 PM
nope, no build up

attack eagle
10-19-2008, 04:16 PM
check the other fusible link...
and check them with a multimeter, not by eye.

Jairo
10-23-2008, 07:24 PM
It sounds as if you have a grounding issue, either corroded or loose ground. I am not familiar with the ground wire locations but it is probably a point where you have multiple ground wires going to a single bolt on the chassis.

Loose or corroded connections will act as high resistance not allowing for the current to reach the component you are energizing (such as a window motor, etc) as you keep trying to activate that component, the connection will heat up and sometimes, eventually complete the connection and allow the component to work. I hope this gives you another thing to look at