bimmerbrother2
10-18-2008, 04:41 PM
how wide can i go frnt and rear / what size tires with no rubbing:dunno:

CDE
10-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Stock suspension?

CarDriver
10-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Make sure that you calculate the tire size accurately. This link will help.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

Do not exceed 8.5 in the front and 9.5 rear unless you want to roll the fenders or use camber adjust strut mounts in the rear.

And dito to the first response. Stock or sport suspension??

bimmerbrother2
10-21-2008, 06:58 AM
im runnin bilstein struts and eibach sport springs

CarDriver
10-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Check out BMWe34.net under Upgrades\wheels, this will tell you what the min\max offsets need to be. When specking out your tires for the rims you chose (Not recommended to go above 18") use the calculator in the link above to keep the OD within 3% of OEM. 1% is ideal. The calculator will tell you every thing you need to know. even more than a rim shop can tell you about what effect your size choice will have on you car.

8.5" is the widest you should go in the front to reduce drift. 10" in the rear should not me exceeded and even at 10" wide you will need to roll the fenders slightly (About 50 bucks to have done or 250 for the tool to DIY).

I am running Billies with INTRAX springs and racing dynamics sway bars. My tires are 235\45 ZR-17 front and 265\40 ZR-17 rear. The rims are 17"x10 rear and 17"x8.5 front. the rears rub in the rear wheel well when I hit a big dip or if I have more than two people in the car. A slight fender roll will fix that problem but I most often do not have more than one pasenger in the car.

It is good to get help from this forum but it is very good to reasearch exstensivly from multiple sources before you buy rims. They are not cheap and in many cases you can not return them if you order the wrong ones. :thumbup: