PDA

View Full Version : Please look at this pic.

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 11:46 AM
What is the other car ?

http://www.e23power.de/fotos/anderee23er/ed-mendez-733/02.jpg

J. Kidd
12-26-2001, 02:05 PM
Looks like a Lincoln LS to me.

bimmerguy
12-26-2001, 02:06 PM
:)

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 02:06 PM
Hmmm, looks nice to me (ok dont shoot!!), but it really does.

jw
12-26-2001, 02:09 PM
one of my cousins-in-law traded his 3 series bimmer for the LS. Definitely regrets it.

I've been in it many times. It's a Ford.

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 02:10 PM
Really?

I was checking the Lincoln site. It's not cheap too.

J. Kidd
12-26-2001, 02:12 PM
I agree. They are not THAT bad - espescially for a Lincoln. Supposed to be an attempt at achieving the "3 Series" feel...extremely difficult but from what I have read, Lincoln didn't do too bad of a job at it. Its still not close but not bad for an American car company trying to replicate that "german" feel. I don't know if they will progress with it or just leave it. The good news (for me, anyway) is that is the chassis platform the next generation Mustangs are being built on. I have my fingers crossed for a 350-400 hp Cobra with and IRS and 50/50 weight distribution - I also have them crossed that I'll be able to afford it if they build it ;)

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 02:15 PM
The problem is we don't have much US cars imported here, so I don't even have the opportunity to test drive any. (except, Chrysler 300M,Neon and Cherokee and some others)

SteveT
12-26-2001, 03:08 PM
Isn't there supposed to be some Jaguar influence in there to enhance the Lincoln brand with the Euro flavor? The car does catch your eye on the road, I've noticed them too.

sjs
12-26-2001, 08:21 PM
Rented one from Hertz, maybe it was just too many users but the thing was a piece of junk! 75 miles down the road the trunk ajar light came on and stayed on for four days. Not knowing if the thing was really locked or not and afraid someone would try to pry it open, we put all the luggage in the back seat. We transfered it to the motel room when the next morning the auto lock broke on one of the rear doors and they have no button to just push down on to lock the door. So for the trip we couldn't let the car out of our sight, Hertz was really red faced about that one and ended up giving us a refund of most of the bill.
Do have to say that the thing would cruise pretty good and one had to be watchful of the "low flying aircraft" speeds, sure made the trip from LA to Vegas pretty fast though.