PDA

View Full Version : woes in acquiring little things

cpnwrench
10-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Hey folks,

I want everyone to know I sincerely appreciate all for listening. I am very very proud of my new ride, and as a first time BMW owner, I am truly impressed by the ride and power.

I would like to ask if anyone out there has or knows of a place where I can purchase some of those little annoying things to complete the car. In my case I got a '92 525i and the factory radio CD combo is fine except for one thing, the 6-CD magazine is missing from the unit (mounted in the trunk). It is the Pioneer model and I have yet to find anyone on line who has a replacement for relatively cheap. I have found many site with either the whole CD changer or the Alpine magazine. If anyone knows who might have one I would greatly appreciate it.
Like I said I have been to many sites with no luck.

Thanks!:banghead:

rdc
10-21-2008, 08:01 AM
check e-bay for the Pioneer magazine. I bought a couple that way.

Check BMA in CA for almost any BMW part. Best prices if you call and ask for Patrick. http://www.bmaparts.com/

sstuner
10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
how can you tell what kind of changer you have?

i have one in the parts car and i will not be using it.

send me a picture of the changer and if its the same as mine then mabey we can swing a deal. lol

cpnwrench
10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Hey SStuner,

its a Pioneer changer, its a 6 disk magazine. I had the part number written down, cant find it anywhere.....
as for picture, its dark now, but when it is daytime and i got a change i'll snap one.

as for ebay, i am not too excited about having to register and go through so much page after page of crap to find exactly what I am looking for.

just ranting, but thanks for the offer!

:smokin:

rdc
10-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey SStuner,

its a Pioneer changer, its a 6 disk magazine. I had the part number written down, cant find it anywhere.....
as for picture, its dark now, but when it is daytime and i got a change i'll snap one.

as for ebay, i am not too excited about having to register and go through so much page after page of crap to find exactly what I am looking for.

just ranting, but thanks for the offer!

:smokin:

I understand about registering. It took me a while to decide to register as a buyer. However, you do not have to go through page after page. Just use the search function to narrow down.

Sounds a bit like you have never used e-bay even to look for items. Even if you do not buy it is useful in helping you determine if you ae looking for the correct item such as a changer magazine.

sstuner
10-22-2008, 12:01 AM
i have yet to register on ebay, i look at it once in a while and then go see what the stuff costs me brand new and most of the time its only a few dollars off, so i just buy it new

Beemaboy
10-22-2008, 06:19 AM
Its not that expensive from the dealer. Get it from there. Got one for my 95 525I about 3 months ago and another one for my 98 740I. Cost was about $13 if I remember...