PDA

View Full Version : door lock problems. again.

verdell
10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I read a lot of the threads about this but could not find one exactly like mine. I found one similar but want to ask about my specific problem before I do anything. The key fob hasn't worked for years and I don't care about that but I changed the battery a couple of weeks ago and now I have to lock and unlock every door on my 1994 540i individually. The trunk as well. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

bimmer dot info
10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
door locks might be out of synch. Try repetedly locking and unlocking the car from different locks.

dannyc9997
10-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I read a lot of the threads about this but could not find one exactly like mine. I found one similar but want to ask about my specific problem before I do anything. The key fob hasn't worked for years and I don't care about that but I changed the battery a couple of weeks ago and now I have to lock and unlock every door on my 1994 540i individually. The trunk as well. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Are you saying the power locks arnt working? Or they just dont unlock all together :dunno:

v8mick
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Am having similar probs with a 525 1990 that i bought the other week. I paid for an auto electrician to take a look and he said it was the central locking ecu that was no good --bmw quoted 250!!Got 1 coming from a bmw breakers for 40!! Problem is, i dont know where its located yet--so if anybody knows?????