PDA

View Full Version : M43B18 - E34 Blues

PsyBeats
10-24-2008, 04:33 AM
I must say that having the 95 BMW 518i has made things extremely difficult in getting even the most basic parts. The e34 facelift in 1995 for the 518 models included a change of engine from the M40 to the M43B18. This same new engine was also used for the e36 318. The problem that I am having for the past 2 months is getting my hands on the right HT leads. I have ordered, returned, reordered, re-returned & ordered again the leads I need. I suppose if I were to want to save time, but fork out a large lump of cash, I could go to BMW. They want 127 for a set of 4 leads. All the aftermarket places want to charge between 30 - 95. But unfortunately for me, all thes places for some strange reason all seem to stock the wrong type and length of leads.

Has anyone any idea of who can offer the correct leads for a reasonable price?

CarDriver
10-24-2008, 06:04 AM
I think you may have no choice but to get them from BMW. They can be gotten for the 95 318i here in the US for a bit less, and they will work for you as it is the same engine but after you include the cost of shipping; the total cost will be the same or a bit more than getting them from your local BMW dealer.

bimmer dot info
10-24-2008, 09:29 AM
You could probably have an online auto parts place order them for you using the part number from the dealer. Not sure if they would send you the wrong ones or not. You can also get unfinished wires and make your own. The bmw connectors might be hard to locate though.