PDA

View Full Version : Left Keys in Car Overnight

Mitchel
10-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Hi guys. I left my keys in the ignition of my 1993, 525 and the following morning the car would not start. The battery is fine and turns the engine over but there is no life. It feels as if the immobiliser is active but I have locked and unlocked the car with the keys and the remote with no luck. Any ideas please?

E34forever
10-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Make sure to find your radio code first and then unplug the battery and 5 minutes later plug back on again. If wont start again try to hit the starter with a small metal tool or hammer I think the starter went out.

attack eagle
11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
WTF???

I have had cars with rear batteries turn over the starter but not have enough power for ignition. What is the voltage on the obc???

dannyc9997
11-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi guys. I left my keys in the ignition of my 1993, 525 and the following morning the car would not start. The battery is fine and turns the engine over but there is no life. It feels as if the immobiliser is active but I have locked and unlocked the car with the keys and the remote with no luck. Any ideas please?

The anti theft system disables the starter motor if activated I belive, which would rule that out. Are you sure the batterys "fine"? If it is then Id pull the plugs to check for spark.

attack eagle
11-02-2008, 09:19 PM
the immobilizer is in the OBC... not the alarm/keyless entry/ lock system. those don't do anything to prevent starting.

I'd check voltage first.