PDA

View Full Version : New to forum -new to me M3

E36MPOWER98
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
I recently bought my fathers 98 M3. He bought it new in 98 and was a garage queen ever since. I was actually trying to sell it for him on here a while back but always wanted it for myself...I have had a love affair with this car for a looooonng time (never forget buying it on vacation in fl with my family and me and my dad drove the car home to CT while my sister and mom flew home.) From reading the reviews in all the car mags for years and always telling my dad..you got to get an m3, its still makes me smile that its mine now. I'm so glad I actually had to means to buy it from him(finally). I cant tell you how much I love driving this car, I mean, I have put many miles on it while it was my fathers...but now that its mine its a whole different perspective. Unfortunately its going to be put away for the winter once the snow hits, and I have to wait for spring to enjoy her again. The car has a little over 30,000 miles on it and never seen winter or really even rain. I upgraded the stereo with the Bavarian sound works speaker upgrade -easy install and a huge improvement over the crappy stock speakers, but I think I may add a sub later. My plans are to upgrade the cooling system soon and I'm still figuring out what mods I might do...X brace soon but after that, the car is so close to perfect in stock form I'm not sure how soon I'll mod it.(but there is always hunger for more power). I can tell you I dont think I'll ever sell this car(track duty in the future.) Hope you like the pics!:)

e36m34life
10-31-2008, 04:44 PM
You have no idea how jealous I am, congrats man, treat her well. :)

BryanR
11-01-2008, 10:07 PM
You have no idea how jealous I am, congrats man, treat her well. :)

f*** yeah me too....looks so good man. congrats.

were abouts in CT are you?

E36MPOWER98
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the comments....and I will treat her as good as humanly possible while having as much fun too!! :) Im in new haven area of CT.

BryanR
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the comments....and I will treat her as good as humanly possible while having as much fun too!! :) Im in new haven area of CT.

Oh...cool.

Edgy36-39
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Welcome! I know the feeling -- bought my 99 when it had only 16K miles on her, back in 2003. Still only 42.5K.

There's a lot you can do. Don't do anything that will change the nature of the car. Engine mods are fun but won't gain you all that much. I'd suggest upgrading the headlights first.

I'm originally from Stamford. Enjoy your new car!

blink21me
11-15-2008, 10:02 AM
those are some clean shots!!!! take good care of it just like how your dad did...