PDA

View Full Version : Can't order rear sunshade

Khuzud
12-26-2001, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to order a 330i with the power rear sunshade, but I can't find a dealer who'll let me. I've given them the option code, I've told them I've seen 330's with the shade (OK, just the movie someone posted) but all I've gotten are remarks like "I've been working with BMW for 14 years and I've never seen a sunshade on a 3er" and "that's only for Euro spec cars". What can I tell them to get them to realize a US car can be built with the sunshade?

TD
12-26-2001, 02:28 PM
The answer is pretty damn obvious...

Get Jon Shafer at Cutter to order it for you.

SteelGray02ci
12-26-2001, 02:38 PM
330ci.com has a pdf copy of a Vehicle Inquiry Report that shows the rear power shade as an available option on the car. Click on the link below for the information. I showed this to my dealer and they contacted the factory and had it manually added to my order. I would hope your dealer would take some time to see that you get what you want. Have you tried talking to the sales manager, or the general manager?

http://www.bmw330ci.com/330ci_sunshade.htm

Good luck!

Khuzud
12-26-2001, 02:39 PM
Heh... I'd like to.

They seem superbusy over at Cutter. I haven't been able to contact the sales rep Jon passed me off to.

And, I would like to be able to get a quote for the car I want at more than one dealer.

Khuzud
12-26-2001, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have a link to the scan of the VIR itself? That bmw330Ci site has a lot of funky JavaScript, and I can't get it to display properly in any browser I try (ie, Netscape, and Mozilla). When I click on the thumbnail picture, nothing happens.

Alex Baumann
12-26-2001, 02:54 PM
here ya go

http://www.bmw330ci.com/images/VIR.jpg

Jon Shafer
12-26-2001, 10:39 PM
Sorry about the delay...

Franco (my Internet Sales Mgr.) had his Law School Finals just before Christmas... He has assured me that he is getting caught up on all of his emails...

Name you price, and I'm sure that we can match or beat any deal you're likely to find in LA...

PLEASE let me know if you don't hear from Franco by tomorrow.
I'll be back in my office ready to kick some butt!

:D