PDA

View Full Version : e34 black stripes

bmwlt
11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
where can I get a solid black stripe without orange sidemarkers that go on the sides of front and rear bumpers? or is there a solid replacement that I can buy and put in instead of reflectors, just hate how it looks with them in :D

bimmer dot info
11-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Order the euro parts. You can get the numbers from Realoem.com and order them online.
BMWe34.net might have a writeup also.

The car is safer with them on. It might also be illegal to remove them depending on your local laws.

Cali Love (e34)
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
i just got my smoked side markers off ebay to match my front corners. i hated the orange too. not sure if its legal to just black it out but it might be considering a lot of vehicles dont have side markers.

attack eagle
11-12-2008, 03:14 PM
it is illegal everywhere.

amount of caring by law enforcement? especially since it isn't obvious? = 0

CarDriver
11-13-2008, 05:22 AM
If you have got the nuts, you can remove the markers and close up the holes with fiberglass and repaint the strip. But you have to do your research first if you have not worked with fiberglass or painted plastic Bumper parts before. It will be an interesting small project but will not cost a great deal of money. Fifty bucks or so and lots of patients, trial and error. The draw back is that the strip is flexible but the fiber glass on it will not be so you need to be careful.

Or you can spend $500 and get aftermarket Fiberglass bumpers (front and rear) that have no side marker marker cutouts. And what cop would ever notice that yours are missing????? I doubt that even a DMV inspector would notice, but then, they are not the brightest to begin with. LOL...

bimmer dot info
11-13-2008, 06:42 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g152/neil_004/Bennie/IMG_0771.jpg

I just put a bit of window tint over the lenses. They still reflect and light up but they are much less of an eye sore.

CarDriver
11-13-2008, 07:15 AM
Nice!!!!!!

EyeDoc1
11-13-2008, 10:26 AM
removing the module, removing the bulbs, and getting some flat black spray paint and giving it a go? Or get a pair from a junk yard and experiment. Seems the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Just a thought.

Regards,

C.