PDA

View Full Version : Upper Control Arm

JayWalk
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I am looking to replace the upper control arms on my '93 525 as it has the 50 to 60 mph wobble. Replaced the strut/shocks with bilstein HD the ride is great. Firm.

I am looking to buy the arms on line - Brands; Hamburg Technic? Meyle? others? Suggestions?

Thanks

Brian McKinney
11-18-2008, 08:49 PM
if you dont race then Meyle steel arms are fine....

JayWalk
11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
No racing. Any experience with the Hamburg Technic Brand?

bimmer dot info
11-19-2008, 06:16 AM
I think I have the Hamburg Technics on my car. I bought them on eBay. Great service from the seller. I got a bad set of arms the first time (lasted under 6 months). The replacements are still holding about 2 years later.

nmp411
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Lemfoerder! The only way to go if you want them to last and be sure of it. Get the M5 bushings also. You'll be happy with it. You may pay a little more but you won't be redoing it anytime soon.
BMAparts.com or autohausaz.com are good places to find them.

CarDriver
11-19-2008, 12:34 PM
I second the Lemforder. I had the same issue Bimmer had but not sure of the BS brand I bought to save some bucks. They lasted one season and then I put in the Lems and they have been in there doing just fine. Look at http://www.Autohausaz.com/ They have good pricing and good parts. Some guy I know from Ohio (LOL...) told me about that place.

Oops, I think I mispoke... I have the Meyel in there. :dunno: But Lemforder is excelent too. Meyel are a couple of bucks less I think.

nmp411
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I second the Lemforder. I had the same issue Bimmer had but not sure of the BS brand I bought to save some bucks. They lasted one season and then I put in the Lems and they have been in there doing just fine. Look at http://www.Autohausaz.com/ They have good pricing and good parts. Some guy I know from Ohio (LOL...) told me about that place.

Oops, I think I mispoke... I have the Meyel in there. :dunno: But Lemforder is excelent too. Meyel are a couple of bucks less I think.

From what I have heard from others, Meyel is kind of hit or miss as to it's durability, but Lemfoerder is always going to last.

Man I sound like a Lemfo sales man or something..... I'm not though. :bigpimp: