PDA

View Full Version : Tail light and much more not working

E39530i
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm really confused as to what's going on in my car...Last week my passenger side seat starting smoking (a lot) so I figured the seat heater shorted. I took the fuse out to insure it didn't go on fire. After that the dash, viser, and tail light stopped working. A couple days later I tried to put the fuse back in to fix it but it didn't work. Today I took it to BMW to get a new tail light I thought just the bulb blew. Well that wasn't it...the dude put a new fuse in and it blew it instantly. I don't even know where to begin whats going on with my car? :mad: please any advice would help

bimmer dot info
11-20-2008, 06:35 AM
Take out the psgr seat and look for burnt wiring. Replace any you find. Then try the fuse again.

EyeDoc1
11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Good advice! Removing the seat isn't that daunting a task. You may need a socket to unbolt the seat from the frame, but you can get a set fairly cheaply. If you can raise the seat and get it to move forward, so much the better. Smoke's gotta be coming from somewhere, and electrical problems can be daunting...but remove the seat first and give it a shot.

Regards,

Christen

bimmer dot info
11-21-2008, 08:17 AM
You will need a set of torx sockets. Autozone has a set for aroung $5.