PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Sword

Odinpalen
11-23-2008, 04:59 PM
As I go on my quest to rebuild my 535 and the never ending task of replaceing well pretty much every single part in it. I am now removeing the sword to replace it. I could not help but wonder why in gods good earth did they use the sword in the first place and not a resister?

The car was very advanced for its timeline and it is just bizzare why they used it. I now must pay 140.00 bucks to replace the part instead of a 11.00 for a resister. Does anyone know why they used it?

My car is lucky I love it so much or I would have put her down a long time ago.

Rodrick Msuya
11-26-2008, 04:19 AM
I can really answer your question, but it is true that the sword is a bother, it breaks down most of the time and it is pretty hard to remove it from where it is located.
I still think Toyota does it better in relation to blower motor speed regulation

Odinpalen
11-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Ok so I live in Canada. I went to the local import shop and priced out a new sword. They want $800.00 plus 15% taxes from the BMW Dealer. I can get a rebuilt one for $450.00 Thats insane!!

Does anyone have an idea where I can by a used, rebuilt or new one in Canada for cheaper?