PDA

View Full Version : Hola amigos......Introducing myself!

bullett
11-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Sup guys, been registered for some time..but did a lot of reading only. Anyways thought id share pics of my OREO. heh Thumbs up and Critics allowed! thanks

But i do have some problems and was hoping for some feedback

- in the mornings my car rumbles really bad....i kno my maf is bad, would this be the culprit?

- When i drive for about 10 mins, my car will then start to idle really high at at about 1000 rpm.

-when i turn on my heater, (its friggin cold here) , i start to smell a smoking scent. In the morning after a recent start, ....if im stopped at a stop sign or light or whatever reason, i can see smoke coming out of my engine bay...and this smoke is what is creeping thru my ventilation system. any ideas?

- When im braking, i hear a continuous loud rumble. Rotors?

My abs light is on, and has been on for a long time. any ideas other than the sensors? does the maf have anything to do with this?

Last question: If i leave a bad maf on for long time, will it do more damage to the car?

thanks much for reading.

supertech777
11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
welcome your car has a nice stance:)

The Night
11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice auto! What year? Is that gps form your stero or is that screen installed in your dash?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=311&pictureid=1221

bimmer dot info
11-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Welcome!
Try cleaning the MAF. Remove it and wash it out with electronics or MAF cleaner. Be careful to avoid spraying the wires directly (you might break them).

Clean the ICV. It is usually the cause of idle problems. Disconnect the tube to the ICV (on the intake bellows near the throtle body) and spray deep creep into the tube with the engine running.

Run the car and locate the source of the smoke. Try it at night with a flashlight. It can make it a bit easier to find. Check for a leaking valve cover (dont forget to check the plug wells too).

The loud rumble is probably from the front brakes. It might be time to do rotors and pads.

Without a code reader that can read ABS codes you are just guessing. Try to find an indy that has the correct code reader.

A bad MAF should not do too much damage but I would fix it (btw.. how do you know it is bad?).

CarDriver
11-25-2008, 09:49 AM
welcome. No critiques from me. That is a nice looking car!

bullett
11-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey thanks for the comments.

That system i have is the Clarion vrx775vd. its just a screen, flip.

I did try cleaning the maf, but no dice. The reason i know its the maf is because at a meet someone was nice enough to do a code read on my car, and the maf and o2 sensors ccame up. i changed the o2 senors, but i left the maf, cause i thought by cleaning it would be better. but since then i havent had the chance to check it again.

I have tried doin the icv, but for the life of me i cannot get to it!

I thought you guys might get a kick at this guys past...... hehe

bimmer dot info
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Have you tired the stomp test? Try resetting the computers and drive around for a little while. If the MAF code comes back then I'd replace it.

Just clean the ICV on the car. Remove part 10 from part 12.. Or part 12 from part 3. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=13_0381&hg=13&fg=15
Spray the deep creep into the tube (part 10).