PDA

View Full Version : Bay Bimmerz Caravan to Bimmerfest '09, from the SF/Bay Area

Keith
11-24-2008, 03:51 PM
If anyone from the SF/Bay Area and beyond wants to join in on the Bay Bimmerz Caravan and I don't already have your info, or you possibly changed your emaill address, please PM me the info needed below.

If you think I have your info and your name first starts with an A, you might want to send it to me again, I mistakenly deleted some "A" people. :mad:

Bimmerfest will be held Saturday May 2, so we will leave EARLY Friday morning, May 1 and return Sunday May 3.
Evite will be sent out in the coming weeks, so if you'd like the Evite please PM me the info listed below ASAP.

There will also be other caravan info on our Bay Bimmerz site http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/index.php, for the North
Bay, Sacramento, Oregon, Washington & Canada caravan's as they become
available, that will meet up with us ultimately in Gilroy, CA.

Info needed:

1. Your email address
2. Your REAL FULL name (not forum name)
3. Model of BMW or Mini
4. Year
5. Color
6. City you're from

If you look at past Bimmerfest information, you will see related threads on
prior Bay Bimmerz Caravan's to Santa Barbara.

I/we look foward to Bimmerfest '08.

Caravan Disclaimer - PLEASE READ!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are very honored to have all of you join us on this year's Bimmerfest
caravan. BayBimmerz.net wants to make sure we all read this prior to joining
the caravan to Bimmerfest. We know that we will have a fun and most of all
safe drive down and back. Please remember to keep your fellow enthusiasts in
mind and be safe at all times. BayBimmerz.net will not be held responsible
for any negligence, reckless behavior or lack of judgment for those
participating in our drives. We hope you all remain safe so we can continue
to enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Caravans to Bimmerfest are not sanctioned by the promoters of the event,
Bimmerfest, Bay Bimmerz and all employees/agents/representatives
from the organizations, sponsors, vendors, or affiliates cannot be held
liable for accidents involving caravan participants. You are participating
at your own risk.

By registering here at BayBimmerz.net, and participating, you agree to hold
harmless any of the above parties, from any incidents, injuries, accidents,
intended or unintended. You also agree to drive within the legal limits
respecting all traffic laws and regulations at all times. Any failure to do
so is at your own risk.

Thank you,

The Bay Bimmerz Crew

GBPackerfan1963
11-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Keith,

You should have all of my information, as the vehicle that I'm bringing is the only thing that has changed. Do you still want it? I will also head up the Sacramento caravan again, so you can direct those folks to me here (http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?p=19736#post19736). I'm bringing my M5, so let the shopping begin! :banana::clap::bling:

Cliff
11-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Curt, I would strongly recommend not posting your email address in a forum that can be harvested by search spiders. I would suggest you start a Sac caravan thread in the B'fest 2009 forum I just created over on BayBimmerz, and direct people to that thread. Our events forums are only accessible to members who have logged in to the site, so you can post contact information there without running the risk of getting spammed to death.

GBPackerfan1963
11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Curt, I would strongly recommend not posting your email address in a forum that can be harvested by search spiders. I would suggest you start a Sac caravan thread in the B'fest 2009 forum I just created over on BayBimmerz, and direct people to that thread. Our events forums are only accessible to members who have logged in to the site, so you can post contact information there without running the risk of getting spammed to death.

Cliff,

I knew that, but in all of my excitement I brain farted. It has been edited.

Keith
11-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Keith,

You should have all of my information, as the vehicle that I'm bringing is the only thing that has changed. Do you still want it? I will also head up the Sacramento caravan again, so you can direct those folks to me here (http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?p=19736#post19736). I'm bringing my M5, so let the shopping begin! :banana::clap::bling:

Yep, I still have all your info Curt and I saw the Sac Caravan thread on our BB site. :thumbup:
We'll be talking more in the coming weeks, you know, about "the dinner "s". :thumbup:

Bill-SD
11-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Lookin forward to another trip down with you guys :thumbup:

Keith
11-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Lookin forward to another trip down with you guys :thumbup:

:thumbup: Are you in for the Ramada again Bill?

Bill-SD
11-26-2008, 09:23 PM
:thumbup: Are you in for the Ramada again Bill?

For sure! Are you going to have them block off rooms for us again?

dboy11
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I'll send you mine...always wanted to be a part of a BMW convoy....breaker..breaker!!

Keith
11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
For sure! Are you going to have them block off rooms for us again?

C'mon Bill, of course, you know me better than that, you can call anytime.
If you need the contact info just PM me, it's the same as last year.
If you want the same room let me know and I'll make sure you get the same one. :thumbup:

KrisL
12-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Margaritas Friday night in 248!!!!

reidconti
12-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Who's bringing the Cool Ranch Doritos? :rofl:

Keith
12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
:Dwho's bringing the cool ranch doritos? :rofl:

he's alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

reidconti
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Sort of.... :D

Cliff
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Sort of.... :D

Are you in training for next year's Death Ride, Reid?

Alex831
12-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I've heard about the bimmerfest caravan. I heard there was a couple hundred cars last year. I really want to go!

Keith
12-27-2008, 05:27 PM
I've heard about the bimmerfest caravan. I heard there was a couple hundred cars last year. I really want to go!

There sure was, I hope you can make it this year, you know you'll be getting the Evite after the first of the year. :thumbup:

Keith
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
:roundel: Just about 4 months to go, it will sneak up on us fast! :banana:

Let's start getting a little hyped up/excited, people, geez! :D

canibis
01-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Let's start getting a little hyped up/excited, people, geez! :D[/QUOTE]

You know I am excited my Bruthah :thumbup:

-Lou

the_brouhaha
01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Just sent you my info on a PM.

So stoked, you don't even understand. Its gonna be prime.

triplef'sm3
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
keith, can hardly wait, hope i can get the car ready by then!!! count me in for sure!!! rick:thumbup::thumbup:

Keith
01-15-2009, 04:33 PM
keith, can hardly wait, hope i can get the car ready by then!!! count me in for sure!!! rick:thumbup::thumbup:

You got it Rick! :thumbup:

In fact today Cliff and I took a ride down to Gilroy and we found a new meeting spot.
It offers a better on-ramp for the caravan when we head out for Santa Barbara, you'll see this info when I get the Evite out. ;)

joe.g
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
So do you think we will break our record this year Keith? I am wondering how we can top the amount of cars we had last year. The new venue is sure to draw a lot more people this year.

Keith
01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
So do you think we will break our record this year Keith? I am wondering how we can top the amount of cars we had last year. The new venue is sure to draw a lot more people this year.

We shall see......! :roundel:

Bill-SD
01-19-2009, 08:05 PM
There sure was, I hope you can make it this year, you know you'll be getting the Evite after the first of the year. :thumbup:

How many cars did we have last year? Not counting the cop cars ;)

joe.g
01-20-2009, 12:13 AM
At least 250, maybe more. It looked like this:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7735/bimmerfest080xi8.jpg

6 Brit
01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
dont get tickets!!!

Bill-SD
01-20-2009, 07:16 PM

To anyone who is on the fence about doing this, it is extremely fun :thumbup: Do it and you won't regret it!

Keith
01-20-2009, 09:40 PM

And that was only about 35%... :thumbup:

reidconti
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Looks like about 5% :P

anakbabe
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Keith,

I'll be there again this year!! I'll try to stay out of trouble this yr. :eeps:

Keith
02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Time for a bump, anyone else need to send me some info?

Hopefully the Evite will get out soon!!!!!! :dunno:

Brian530i
02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
hmmmmm I've never been but thinkin about coming this year...
I'm always down for a caravan!
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/bhaske1/DSC_65681024x768.jpg

GBPackerfan1963
02-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Hopefully the Evite will get out soon!!!!!! :dunno:

Impatiently...........waiting :rofl: :p

Cliff
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Impatiently...........waiting :rofl: :p

It's my fault. I want to put together a registration app that is more interactive than Evite and I asked Keith to hold off a bit while I work on that. I figured we'd use Evite to steer people to a registration app hosted on the BayBimmerz site. We'll do something similar for the E-Bar dinner.

Patience Grasshopper :brent:

GBPackerfan1963
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM

That's OK Cliff, I was just givin' my brutha Keith some grief. :D

Keith
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
It's my fault. I want to put together a registration app that is more interactive than Evite and I asked Keith to hold off a bit while I work on that. I figured we'd use Evite to steer people to a registration app hosted on the BayBimmerz site. We'll do something similar for the E-Bar dinner.

Thanks for chiming in Cliff, I was begininng to wonder if you were still alive, you wouldn't believe the emails and PM's I've been getting in regards to the Evite.

Let me know when you know. :thumbup:

Keith
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
That's OK Cliff, I was just givin' my brutha Keith some grief. :D

:p

AMG This
02-07-2009, 01:16 AM
keith, some friends and i want to join the caravan this year... we missed it last year and this year we really want to be in it. we live in madera, ca. but we are willing to drive up to gilroy and meet you guys there.... we just need a time and location on where you guys will be at.. and if its not to much trouble, would you know any good hotels down in santa barbara that you would recommend? thanks...

Kurt Martin
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM

Yes! :beerchug:

Keith
02-07-2009, 10:37 PM
keith, some friends and i want to join the caravan this year... we missed it last year and this year we really want to be in it. we live in madera, ca. but we are willing to drive up to gilroy and meet you guys there.... we just need a time and location on where you guys will be at.. and if its not to much trouble, would you know any good hotels down in santa barbara that you would recommend? thanks...

PMing you. :thumbup:

Keith
02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Evite sent out Saturday night, Feb. 7th!

If you didn't get you Evite, you might want to check your emaill trash/spam bin, a few people have told me that's where they found there's.

Bimmerfest '09 or BUST baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roundel:

qwyjibo
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
never been to bimmerfest. is it too late to get in on the caravan from pleasanton? sounds like fun...

Keith
02-16-2009, 02:46 PM
never been to bimmerfest. is it too late to get in on the caravan from pleasanton? sounds like fun...

Nope, not to late, just send me some info. :thumbup:

Info needed:

1. Your email address
2. Your REAL FULL name (not forum name)
3. Model of BMW or Mini
4. Year
5. Color
6. City you're from (looks like my hometown hah ;))

PM me here or on BB.

Keith
02-21-2009, 11:03 PM
How's 'bout a bump! :D

reidconti
02-22-2009, 12:26 AM
How's 'bout a bump! :D

Nothin' but love, my buddy! Hey I was up in your neck of the woods today, rode my bike up thru Pleasanton and Sunol :)

Keith
02-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Nothin' but love, my buddy! Hey I was up in your neck of the woods today, rode my bike up thru Pleasanton and Sunol :)

:thumbup: Nice, you got a good day in before this rain.

Keith
03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
It's been awhile, time for a BUMP...........! :thumbup:

halkordy
03-12-2009, 01:26 AM
hey im hella down to go

Info needed:

1. halkordy@yahoo.com
2. hamzah alkordy
3. 530i
4. 2005
5. black
6. elk grove

Keith
03-12-2009, 05:23 AM
hey im hella down to go

Info needed:

1. halkordy@yahoo.com
2. hamzah alkordy
3. 530i
4. 2005
5. black
6. elk grove

Hamzah, I have your info and have sent the Evite, but you might want to remove your email from this thread, usually we PM this info. :thumbup:

Calz32
03-13-2009, 02:15 AM
me and my friends couldnt come last year due to my car getting hit a week before the event and my friend not having his m3, been lookin forward to the caravan and the event for almost a year now!

ths916m3
03-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll be attending. Will be driving Friday from Sacramento. Is the caravan on Friday?

Keith
03-14-2009, 08:07 AM
me and my friends couldnt come last year due to my car getting hit a week before the event and my friend not having his m3, been lookin forward to the caravan and the event for almost a year now!

:thumbup: See ya in P-Town, right?

GBPackerfan1963
03-14-2009, 09:54 PM
I'll be attending. Will be driving Friday from Sacramento. Is the caravan on Friday?

You can check out the Sacramento caravan details here (http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2174).

ths916m3
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
You can check out the Sacramento caravan details here (http://www.baybimmerz.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2174).

that is way early for me....this is Friday morning? I just might have to catch up to you guys

GBPackerfan1963
03-15-2009, 12:03 PM
Yep, Friday morning. You will be hard pressed to "catch up" to the caravan. We get to P-Town and leave at 6:30 for the trip to Gilroy. Hope to see you Friday am.

Keith
03-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Curt & anyone else for that matter, if you replied to the Evite with a YES or UNDECIDED, you will get an email from Evite today and in the "message area" there will be a link for the E-Bar info, it will not be in the Evite itself, so make sure you read your email and don't even worry about opening the Evite.

I hope that makes sense, if not PM me with any questions. :thumbup:

6 weeks to go BABY.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roundel:

mottati
03-21-2009, 01:06 PM
just registered for bimmerfest, been a couple years for me.
Still trying to work out the family logistics to make it to the caravan. Hoping my wife can come so we can get a weekend away.
Even though my 12 year old assures me he can drive everyone to school, we're working on getting an adult to handle that. If that happens, we'll be in the caravan in the e34, of not we'll probably drive down later in the day on our own, still hopefully in time for the ebar.
Mike :thumbup:

Keith
03-21-2009, 03:54 PM
just registered for bimmerfest, been a couple years for me.
Still trying to work out the family logistics to make it to the caravan. Hoping my wife can come so we can get a weekend away.
Even though my 12 year old assures me he can drive everyone to school, we're working on getting an adult to handle that. If that happens, we'll be in the caravan in the e34, of not we'll probably drive down later in the day on our own, still hopefully in time for the ebar.
Mike :thumbup:

:thumbup: Happy to hear you're going Mike, but I REALLY hope you two can make the caravan too, not mention the E-Bar dinner! :thumbup:

qwyjibo
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
just registered. first timer here. the wife and i will be meeting up for the caravan. :bigpimp:

Keith
04-02-2009, 05:26 AM
just registered. first timer here. the wife and i will be meeting up for the caravan. :bigpimp:

:thumbup: Welcome aboard!

Please make sure to get your room ASAP if you're staying with us, all the info you will need will be in the Evite, just click on the Red link at the end of the Evite.

RabidChimp
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Heya guys, I am traveling down with the Washington state caravan. This is going to be a blast.

PS thanks for setting up that room block Keith, its a great rate!

Keith
04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Heya guys, I am traveling down with the Washington state caravan. This is going to be a blast.

PS thanks for setting up that room block Keith, its a great rate!

Sure, no prob!
I was going to call the Sheraton and see how many folks have set up rooms, beings no one is keeping in contact with from up there.
Who's the ringleader now?
Could you shoot them an email or something and have them PM me a list of who's coming, plus we have that "dinner thing" planned the night you guys arrive, but I need a head count of who wants to join us.

Let me know please. :thumbup:

RabidChimp
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM
PM sent

Keith
04-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Just an FYI, for those of you who THINK you know where we're meeting at in Gilroy, think again, it's not the same place it's been for the last 8 years :nono: if you go there you'll be :mad: & then :bawling:

anakbabe
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Just an FYI, for those of you who THINK you know where we're meeting at in Gilroy, think again, it's not the same place it's been for the last 8 years :nono: if you go there you'll be :mad: & then :bawling:

Huh? what? where? :eeps: J/k...

We'll be there Keith... (I'm included too) and promise to be good. :angel:

bmwill831
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I am coming from Santa Cruz with a couple cars.anybody wanna meet in the prunedale, salinas, king city area?

Keith
04-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I am coming from Santa Cruz with a couple cars.anybody wanna meet in the prunedale, salinas, king city area?

Pm'ing you. :thumbup:

FromtheBay
04-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey,

I Just wanted to know if it is too late to join you guys fro the caravan. Where will you guys be staying? How long is the normal caravan trip?

Keith
04-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey,

I Just wanted to know if it is too late to join you guys fro the caravan. Where will you guys be staying? How long is the normal caravan trip?

Heck no, it's not to late.

I will send you the Evite shortly, everything you need to know will be in there AND a link that will direct to the IMPORTANT info. :D ...... :thumbup:

SikMindz
04-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Hmm...didn't realize you guys were leaving the morning of May 1. Still pretty sure I'm going but will double check on hotel and work stuff tonite and get back on one of the two boards. I'll be coming in from the eBay.

ths916m3
04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Is there anyone leaving a little later on Friday? Cant leave Sacraemnto before 7 :cry: I guess I will see you on the road

reidconti
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Probably could meet us at In-N-Out in Atascadero

SE5spd
04-22-2009, 10:35 PM
yo ths916m3 im not leaving til later, you wanna caravan together?

WTbmwE30
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Keith,

Just registered on Bimmerfest. Is it too late to join the caravan to SB? I'm in Marin.

Thanks,

WT

KrisL
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM
that is way early for me....this is Friday morning? I just might have to catch up to you guys

Don't miss the caravan. You'll regret it if you do. It makes for a long day, but take a nap when you get to SB :). The caravan is often the highlight of bimmerfest IMO!

Keith
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Keith,

Just registered on Bimmerfest. Is it too late to join the caravan to SB? I'm in Marin.

Thanks,

WT

Evite sent Walter, if you need a room, act quickly, I only have one or 2 left. :thumbup:

Keith
04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't miss the caravan. You'll regret it if you do. It makes for a long day, but take a nap when you get to SB :). The caravan is often the highlight of bimmerfest IMO!

:hi: Hi Kris! :beerchug:

SE5spd
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
hey Keith is there a caravan back by chance? :drive:

reidconti
04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Caravan doesn't leave till the 1st :)

SE5spd
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
DAMN! I REALLLLLY wanna come on this caravan BUT I have to take my mom to the airport/work that day :thumbdwn: :cry: :mad: :bawling:

Keith
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
hey Keith is there a caravan back by chance? :drive:

Yep, we talk about it over dinner Friday & Saturday night.
We come home sometimes on Hwy 1 and stop for lunch in Morro Bay, then either head back ON Hwy 1, or we cruise back over to Hwy 101 just before Cambria, we shall see.

Keith
04-26-2009, 09:51 PM
I have a couple 1 King rooms available for anyone that still needs one, PM me if you're interested. :thumbup:

SE5spd
04-27-2009, 11:26 PM
DAMNIT
I cant go anymore, family problems arg! I Was looking forward to a caravan too
oh well
by chance is anyone going to the hella flush show in Santa Monica the weekend after?

reidconti
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
hella flush show

I thought I knew what those words meant, but..

... I guess not. :dunno:

Ashleigh
04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
I can't make the morning caravan. Does anyone else want to get a group together to leave in the afternoon? I'm also looking for a returning caravan on the 3rd. Please let me know if you would like to leave around 3-4:00 p.m. on May 1st, Friday. I'm in the san Jose/S. Bay area.

Calz32
04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Guys quick question, does the 6 am caravan meet with the 730 AM caravan meeting in Santa clara?

The issue is we have two friends from santa clara who are coming with us and it would make more sense if we left from Santa Clara, does the caravan meet up with the santa clara guys?

Thanks

KrisL
04-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Guys quick question, does the 6 am caravan meet with the 730 AM caravan meeting in Santa clara?

The issue is we have two friends from santa clara who are coming with us and it would make more sense if we left from Santa Clara, does the caravan meet up with the santa clara guys?

Thanks

The Pleasanton caravan meets up in CITYNAME at TIME.

reidconti
04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Caravan meets up in CITYNAME at TIME1, coming from CITY, leaving CITYNAME at TIME2.

Not aware of a morning Santa Clara caravan, but no, the EXITNAME one won't be stopping in SC.

Keith
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Could all you time and place posting people please delete these posts!

This is why I do Evites, so "you know who" isn't seeing what we're all doing, c'mon guys! :tsk:

reidconti
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
would be handy if I had a way of deleting posts.

Cliff
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
The Pleasanton caravan meets up in CITYNAME at TIME.

Caravan meets up in CITYNAME at TIME1, coming from redacted, leaving CITYNAME at TIME2.

Not aware of a morning redacted caravan, but no, the redacted one won't be stopping in redacted.

:bustingup

Crap, where's my tinfoil hat?

KrisL
04-30-2009, 07:16 PM
:bustingup

Crap, where's my tinfoil hat?

:)

AndrewZ
04-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Don't know about you guys, but my baby is detailed and ready to go! :bigpimp:

KrisL
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't know about you guys, but my baby is detailed and ready to go! :bigpimp:

I'll bring you some window cleaner.

AndrewZ
04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll bring you some window cleaner.

:rofl:

Nothing beats a filthy showroom quality e46! :eek::rofl:

Ashleigh
04-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I got a handfull of people together to drive down in the afternoon on May 1st. I really want to drive in a large caravan though at some point!:drive: How can I find out about the returning caravan to the Bay Area? Will you post details Friday or Saturday just in case I don't find anyone there who knows?

KrisL
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I got a handfull of people together to drive down in the afternoon on May 1st. I really want to drive in a large caravan though at some point!:drive: How can I find out about the returning caravan to the Bay Area? Will you post details Friday or Saturday just in case I don't find anyone there who knows?

Ashleigh, are you staying at the Ramada (I'm having a margarita party in room #246 after the e-bar dinner)? Feel free to swing by or txt/call if you want to find us... I'll PM you my #.

SikMindz
04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
What? Afterparty? Holla...done and done.

Ashleigh
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
No, but I'm staying close to it. That sounds fun. I won't be arriving until about 8 or 8:30, so after we check in i'll send you a message and see what's up. Thanks!:thumbup::roundel:

mystik
05-01-2009, 12:05 AM
i will be leaving to SB around 6pm (maybe 7) from san jose. does anyone else want to join?