PDA

View Full Version : Parking light problem

Duckman525
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi, this is my first post and i have been looking around trying to find my answer but havent really found anything. i have a 89 525i and my right rear parking light will not stay on. new bulb, new conections, new lkm, still blowing fuses everytime i put a new one in. it comes on pops fuse imediedtly. i havent gotten a new relay yet becasue i didnt think it sounded like a relay problem but at this point anything is worth a shot. thanks

zach

bimmer dot info
11-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Check the wiring to the trunk lid. It is prone to cracking and shorting out. You will need to look under the plastic cover on the left arm.

The fuses blowing as soon as you put them in sounds like a short.

Duckman525
11-25-2008, 06:39 PM
thanks for the advice ill have to check there. also will i need to remove the back seat to get a good view or just the trunk lining?

texasbeachman
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Start with removing the trunk lining. There could be a pinched wire from weight being placed on it. Also, check to make sure all of the wires fit snug in the connectors. Good luck!

Duckman525
11-30-2008, 10:59 AM
ok well i just noticed it was my front passenger side aswell... still thinking it maybethat or any other ideas

attack eagle
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
replace the front bulb. could be a bad bulb up there or could be a single filament bulb instead of a dual.