PDA

View Full Version : Rear Glass Keeps Poppin' Out

evoasis
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it was electric-actuated cause I would love to just clip some wires since I never use it...

Christopher w/ a 95 525iT

EDIT: Fixed it by unscrewing the dealy. Still unsure how to pop the window out on purpose tho.. My key is just a standard key.....

evoasis
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Also, when any doors open no lights come on, however, all three switches up front work... Any Ideaasss??

attack eagle
12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
1 you need to fix the rear wiring harness.

it is inevitable that they will fray and start touching each other causing all kinds of strange problems with locks, rear wiper, hatch, glass, brake light errors, licesne plate errors, etc.

there are 22 wires in the left bundle and 13 in the right.

color code chart is in pdf form on bmwe34.net. and I did a little write up more than once on bimmerforums.com about my method of repairing the hatch harness and how to get in there... btw opening the glass is mandatory for repairing it or anything else in there so if you just undid the actuator you just screwed yourself hardcore.

to pop the hatch you have a center switch directly above the license plate, the glass on is the same and is on the right. sometimes those switches fail also.

2: what position do you have the switches in? only switch position full forward will allow the lights to come on.

ifthey are set correctly the interior lights should come one when you try to open the door while locked.

could a bad 'door ajar' microswitch in the latches, but unlikely all 4 are bad.

the rear hatch is on it;s own circuit, so only it lights when you open the hatch or glass.

evoasis
12-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Ok well I didn't unscrew it all the way out, the thing is adjustable with a flat head and a lock nut holds it in place..

As for the switches, I've found the problem, the front main switch needs some cleaning me thinks so I'll get on that sometime soon.

Now another electrical gripe exists.. lol, I can only lock ALL the doors from the passenger side, otherwise the passenger front stays unlocked (pops down then back up) I'm glad I'm comfortable with wiring otherwise I'd be pretty pissed off right now at this car.

attack eagle
12-07-2008, 02:52 AM
bad passenger side solenoid. replace.

evoasis
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Sweet. Will Try. lol.