PDA

View Full Version : Armrests?

Mike-R
12-09-2008, 04:40 AM
I've noticed some E34s have them and some don't, mine currently doesn't. Are these available from dealers/some other place? Do they fit onto seats that didn't previously have them?

Mike.

bimmer dot info
12-09-2008, 07:54 AM
I think the dealer can order them. They are expensive. I think they will fit on your frames.
It would probably be easier to find seats with armrests from a breaker or junk yard.

Mike-R
12-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah that's what I thought, not many about sadly and beige appears to be a rare colour (for reasons that don't need explaining)

EyeDoc1
12-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I find it curious that you don't have any. I'm confused. Did some E-34's NOT come with armrest, or were yours plumbed for them and they were removed for some reason? I don' t think the 7 series had armrests, although the seats were virtually identical. I say this because I cannibalized a 7 series seat for parts, and it didn't have the fold down armrests (at least I don't think they did). I'll have to check my garage. Junkyard is the only hope, I think. You think you're got a problem in beige? My princess sister bought the '91 with cloth seats. You try getting fabric for one of those. Good luck. We'll have to see if anyone else can help out.

Regards and Merry Christmas/Happy Boxing day, (or is that only in Canada remember)

Christen

Nosilw
12-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't think cars that came with the sport seat option (540i M-Sport or 540i/6 with the sport seats or others with the same seats) had arm rests. :thumbdwn:I guess BMW felt that if you were interested in upgrading to sporty seats you weren't interested in resting your arm. Kind of like a lack of cup holders.:dunno:

RocknRoll
12-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I find it curious that you don't have any. I'm confused. Did some E-34's NOT come with armrest, or were yours plumbed for them and they were removed for some reason?

Not to many E34's over here in Germany have them installed. I have 10 way electric, dual heat, three memory seats in my e34 and no armrest. I just wish it had them.