PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket inner tie rods/ struts

dopple
12-10-2008, 03:02 PM
My inner tie rod on the drivers side has play in it according to brakes plus. They say the aftermarket have a lifetime warranty for the part, not the labor. They offer to put on a Moog inner tie rod on drivers side and align for just short of $300.

They also say I need struts and rear shocks and use Monroe.

How do these aftermarket parts hold up. I do not track the car and drive only about 5,000 per year but I do want quality parts.

fun2drive
12-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I think Moog is just fine as is Monroe which will last longer then Sachs for struts and shocks. I like Bilsteins and have used them on almost every vehicle I have owned and all BMWs I own. At 5K a year the Monroes will last longer them you will most likely keep the car so the choice is yours. Bilstiens will be more expensive but have a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.

dopple
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

rrsperry
12-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Absolutely nothing but Lemforder... All other aftermarket front end parts are complete crap.

dopple
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM
So then oem should be alright I would think right. The shop is putting in oem but I forgot the name of the part. I am not going with Brakes Plus on this job.