PDA

View Full Version : Radio Issue

MR535iOH
12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
So the about two months ago my car stoped running. Had all these issues going on with my fuses and my blower motor and my starter. Well i just got my E34 back tonight. I hit in the radio code and for some reason it would not work. My radio code is a 6 number code i got from the local dealership and for some reason its not working. Any ideas about what it could be? Or an easy fix?

Tim

CJ74753
12-10-2008, 10:51 PM
If you have entered the wrong code too many times it will lock you out. To reset this you must turn the key to accessories and turn the radio on for 1 hour 30 minutes (if I'm thinking right) and then you can reenter the code. Have you used this code before on this radio? If not call your local dealership and give them the serial code off the back of the radio and they'll give you the code free.

MR535iOH
12-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I have used this code before and it worked fine. It happens all the time whenever i have to disconect my battery. I hit in the code and it beeps at me. I am going to try it in the morning and if it does it again i am going to take it to the local bmw dealership and tell them to figure it out cause it doesnt make sense.

ross1
12-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Perhaps you made a mistake entering it. If it beeps before you are done turn it off and start over. BTW the code is 5 numbers, not 6.
Take it to the dealer if you like but they will turn the car on for an hour(@$100/per) and enter your code for you, there is no other way.
Cheers